Dr. Joseph Thevenin Jr MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

December 16th, 2014
Dr. Thevinin actually cares about needs and concerns of his patients.

May 21st, 2014
Great general physician!
This doctor was recommended to me by a friend as I had bad experiences with two previous general physicians over the years. I have been going to Dr. Thevenin now for some years and truly appreciate his care. He is experienced, knowledgeable, attentive, easy to talk to, and he recommends the best specialists. His staff is great and the overall experience is a good one. He actually cares for his patients (before him, I had not experienced this in years). He is a very nice Haitian gentleman physician who is someone I would recommend. Only thing I would change is the wait time to see him, but he is popular so this comes with finding a really good doctor (take something to do or watch their TV instead of growling, LOL!). Write down what you want to tell him so you don't miss keeping him up to date and write down his responses.

September 16th, 2011
Comments on Reviews Made
I tend to agree and disagree with some comments made. Let me start with the doctor (which is the most important factor) is one of the best doctors I have seen in my 60 yrs. He takes the time to listen and explain your personal medical issues on how to resolve, and is very good in his diagnosis. Also Dr Joseph truly cares about his patients and anybody could see that upon the first visit in his office. As for trying to make an appointments, it's ridiculous. If you want a Good, Caring doctor, be prepared to wait, and be patient, since he does spend quality time with each and every patient. As for the staff,I have come to know the staff in the many years I have been seeing the doctor, I may be old but I'm not dumb...they each have their faults and obviously do not get along, I have witnessed loud, very unmentionable arguments in plain site where patients are in the waiting room listening eyes wide,with whispering comments amongst us, which is truly unprofessional. I honestly believe there is a lack of mannerism, medical office professionalism, courtesy in patient privacy and confidentiality.The receptionist and the medical assistant are unfortunately the worst. The Office Manager on the other hand is stern but amicable, but needs to tighten the reigns with her staff as her title obviously obligates her to do so.All in all, if you ignore the bickering you'll be just fine. Dr Joseph just needs to get control of his staff and he will be a success all around!

September 2nd, 2011
The doctor has good bedside manners; nonetheless, his staff is extremely rude except for Jeannette. The past three times I have had an appointment with him I've waited more than an hour to see him. This is pathetic, especially for an internist. I regularly have visits with specialists and I don't have to wait longer than one hour. Believe me after having seen over 50 doctors and specialists over the past 5 years, I have learned that if you wait more than 30 minutes at a doctor's office it is a sign to look for a new one. So if you don't have a chronic pain condition and/or you don't work, probably it's worth to wait 40 minutes to see the doctor. Just make sure that they don't pass the persons that arrived after you before your turn.

May 26th, 2011
My wife and I have been going to see Dr. Joseph Thevenin for over five years. Although very pleased with the Doctor, the staff, and the service a few things concern us. Im guessing they are the office managers and some other important staff members are very unpleasant. Highly unprofessional and lude conversations about outside acquaintances as well as patients storm the office. My wife and myself find this behavior to be rude and against proper work ethic. Youd think people other than your doctor who work at the office would be there to assist you; well this is not the case. The vibe set off by these higher powered people is so lousy you feel like youre being a bother. Often they tell you they can not assist you at that moment or even on that day forcing you to make another doctors visit. Once you return service is no better. You still have to wait because nothing is prepared or set in stone. However, one thing that stops us from ever exploding and changing doctors is the front window receptionists. She makes the wait time pleasant. She is very attentive and caring. She is a great asset to the doctors office, my wife and I both think. Any issue you have that cant be solved on your own or by the staff with more authority will be handled by the receptionists. She never complains, talks about anything other than work, or makes any excuses for why something you need cannot be taken care of; making the visit a non-stressful one. I give her as well as the doctor two thumbs up in the service they provide and the way they run the office. Minor changes can be made to make this a tip top doctors office but until then be warned not everyone in the staff is a people person..

April 11th, 2011
Receptionist makes us want to change doctors
Receptionist too loud, too forward and very unprofessional, other interior staff great and very professional

April 14th, 2009
The office staff IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! Dr. Thevinin is AMAZING...but his office staff is a lot to be desired!!!

March 15th, 2017