Overall Review

July 2nd, 2014
Such an amazing and caring Doctor
Dr. Toland is a wonderful provider and caring person, not afraid to call a spade a spade, he will tell you the honest truth and do it in the best interest of your family. I trust his judgement without fail and hope he doesn't plan to retire anytime soon. Couldn't ask for a more knowledgeable and committed pediatrician!

July 2nd, 2014
Excellent care and staff
Exellent level of attention to detail and professionialism. Amazing staff and always a pleasure.

February 25th, 2014
Great doctor!
I just have to say a big Thank You for providing the best care all of these years. I was a former paitent from the day I was brought into this world till I turned 18 (which I was then told I would have to find a primary care doctor). Saddest day ever. :-) my mother was also a nurse there for a number of years and always reffered anyone she knew to your office. I eventually had children of my own. I had no doubt about who I was going to choose as their pediatrician. All of my expectations have been met, Dr. Toland is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I have ever known, and I have been enjoying getting to know the new staff/doctors. I honestly could not imagine taking my two daughters anywhere else. Again, thank you for all of your dedication and hard work.

September 24th, 2013
great Doctor
dr Toland is a great doctor. I have been taking my son to this office for the last 9 months. The staff has been nothing but kind every time we come in. If you are looking for a fluffy doctor go somewhere else. dr toland is one of the smartest doctors I know. Hes extremely intelligent and knowledgable. He has called me personally with lab results which is rare nowadays. I wouldn't go anywhere else

July 1st, 2012
Best Pediatrician in Hampton Roads!
Dr. Toland is one of the best pediatricians in Hampton Roads. He is serious, but EXTREMELY knowledgeable. He spends more then 5 minutes in the room with you unlike other doctors, and you can tell he actually cares. You may have to wait longer for him, but it is because he spends more time with his patients. (Which I appreciate) I've never left the room with questions because he makes sure I understand him and asks if I have questions. I've read other reviews about him and I don't believe for a second that he called someones child "fat." He probably used the word overweight and the parent was offended. But hello! Child obesity is a serious issue in america and many parents don't seem to care. I am sure he was just letting the parents know the health issues of child obesity and the parent was insulted. He is amazing! If you don't like serious doctors who care he may not be for you. On the flip side, you can go to an extremely friendly doctor who's in and out of the room in 5 seconds and doesn't care two cents. My son had an issue that other doctors brushed off, but I knew something was wrong. It wasn't until I went to Dr. Toland that we found out he had a serious problem. Dr. Toland will not stop until he finds out what is wrong with your child. I will always be proud to recommend this doctor.

March 2nd, 2010
Exceptional Doctor
I can't say enough great things about Dr Toland. He's the most through doctor I have ever met. He worked tirelessly to find a diagnosis for our daughter when we recieved no information from the 'specialist' at CHKD. He's very educated and it shows. He goes above and beyond for my children - specifically my special needs child.