Dr. Joseph Toothaker-Alvarez MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2017
Dr, Alvarez, a great doctor!
I liked Dr Alvarez very much , but I had to stop being his patient because 9 times out of 10, I would get a recording which would say " Im sorry but we can't take your call now , leave a message and we will get back to you within 24 hours. Over time, I must have made 10 or 15 calls and not one was returned. I believe I got a live person maybe 2 times. I believe Dr. Alvarez is unaware of this situation.

August 17th, 2016
I was in a lot of pain & very emotional...instead of trying to comfort me, he berated me for crying & left the room.

June 5th, 2016
First time I saw him for a neck injury he was fine nothing amazing but helpful. But when I had to see him a few years later both times for pain management he was a complete jerk. No bedside manner. We were completely courteous and asked his recommendation on my diagnosis of fibro and chronic pain his exact words were " What do you expect me to do I'm not a fairy godmother." You would think a pain management dr would be interested in helping with pain. His staff messes up scheduling appointments and trying to get a call back when leaving a message is useless. Take caution.

October 9th, 2013
I miss having such a good Dr
Dr Alvarez was my pain Dr until I moved to New Mexico in 2007. Before I moved he told me I needed cervical surgery ASAP but I had to postpone it due to moving. I immediately went to a Neurologist when I got here and had an MRI and into surgery I went! I do believe it was Dr Alvarez' insistence that save me from potential paralysis! I pray GOD is blessing him in amazing ways!

June 9th, 2012
The office staff are very professional and helpful. Anita, PC is awesome and very excellent with diagnosis and treatment plans. Dr. Alvarez is the expert and is in deep thought when i do see him. Very intelligent. Good experiences so far.

November 7th, 2011
Dr Alvarez seems to be competent enough, what little I saw him. The office staff has a huge problem speaking understandable English. I was in the office twice in a 2 month period for neck problems that he had addressed 2 years ago. Both times a tech told me I needed to give a urine sample, even though I was taking no pain meds. Both visits I did not see the Dr, only a PA. The office staff has hounded me about slow insurance payment, even though twice the insurance has requested records, and the Dr's office hasn't sent them. The first notice I got from the office last week said "final notice" on it

July 27th, 2017