Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Awkward show details Awkward
Mar 31st, 2014

I have never felt as uncomfortable as I have with him. If I tell you I am not on any sort of prescription medication...then I am not. In fact I typical visit a doctor once a year when my seasonal allergies are so bad I need a steroid shot to get them under control. I do the maintenance visits. I actually try to live life without medication because side effects can be twice as bad as the benefits. I am getting to a point where I am just going to start scheduling my pap smear with the nurse practioner at my md's office. She is by far the most polite doctor I have dealt with in a long time.

Oct 3rd, 2013

Beyond bad. I know doctor's often have a god complex, but his is ridiculous. He started off nice and seemed like a great doctor, however, he dramatically changed. He refused to work with me on any compromise and yelled at my family members in the waiting room while I was being prepped He woke me up after surgery waited awhile and during this time pain was understandably becoming worse, and when I started to cry because of the pain he told the nurse and anesthesiologist to not give me anything till I stopped crying despite their objections and was getting mad at me the whole time instead. I've had the same surgery before with a different doctor and none of this occurred. DO NOT GO SEE HIM!

So glad I found him show details So glad I found him
May 4th, 2010

Originally scheduled for a long endoscopic procedure with another surgeon - who turned out to be completely uninterested in what I wanted for my procedure and body. I was forced to find another surgeon, and, happily, I found Joe Valenti. He's loud (and medically conservative - I think), but you CAN have a real conversation with him about YOUR preferences. I wonder if my out come woudl have been as good, if I'd had the other surgeon? I'm SO glad I didn't.