Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Never again  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2013

Went for a consult re: knee replacement. Found Dr. Vernace to be arrogant, defensive, and dismissive. Crossed his name off my list of docs to do my surgery. If he treats his patients this way when they are awake, heaven help the anesthetized patient during surgery.

|  Fantastic Results and Experience  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

Had wonderful results on bilateral knee replacements. Highly recommended by the rehab nursing staff at Bryn Mawr Rehab for having best results and my experience was the same. Bryn Mawr Hospital was wonderful, especially their ortho floor and nursing care. Highly recommend him to future patients.

|  TKR by Dr. Vernace has changed my life.  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

I could not be happier with the service I received from Dr. Vernace, the physician assistants and other staff members. I had a TKR in September 2012 and in just a few weeks I was completely mobile and mostly pain-free. I don't understand others' comments about Dr. Vernace's bedside manner, as I thought he provided all the time and support that I needed during this very difficult time. I did think that the service at Bryn Mawr Hospital itself (nursing, PT, billing, food services, etc.) was a bit shaky, but I think very highly of Dr. Vernace and his staff.

Jan 25th, 2012

Cut me off repeatedly when I tried to ask any questions. Never looked me in the face. Didn't explain diagnosis or reason for surgery. Was rude and told me that he alone would make the decisions about my care and that my opinion didn't matter.

Oct 24th, 2011

This doctor spent time and considered other options in figuring out what is wrong or what went wrong. He took into account the symptoms that you have to deal with such as pain and swelling. Followed up ad called to check how you are doing and shared his thoughts or other options. Ordered blood tests and gave an option to have specimen culture if still swollen. Kudos to Dr. Vernace!

|  dr. bubble gum man  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

i don't care how many schools the doctor has went to for his medical training, beacuse he and he other 2 assistants need to go back and learn some bed side matters.... very,very poor..... i have never waited so long for a doctor to call me back in my life. will i ever go back well,i have an apointment in 2 weeks but time will tell. i was told that dr. vernace was one of the best, its been 6 weeks since he did my knee, they just don't get it when someone is inn pain.(10) or above. im sure none of them will read this but i had to get it off my chest....good mannerage should come first in a doctor.

Oct 31st, 2010

Both my partial knee's had to be redone.

|  Go somewhere else  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2010

Rude & has Napolean complex

by Rudy Fedor on Feb 15th, 2009

I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Vernace. I am now skiing without pain for the first time in 20 years. A great job by a great surgeon.