A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Walek:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Walek, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Walek graduated from Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow.
Dr. Walek has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Lowell General Hospital
- Saints Memorial Medical Center Inc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Walek accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 9 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 6 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph W. Walek practice?
Dr. Joseph Walek practices Internal Medicine, Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Lowell, MA.
See Lowell Internists, Lowell Sleep Medicine Doctors, Lowell Pulmonologists, and Lowell Critical Care Practitioners.