Dr. Joseph Walrath MD Patient Reviews

4.8

• Good
  • Bad

July 24th, 2017
Excellent attention to detail with the patient.

July 2nd, 2017
I had an upper and lower Blepharoplasty by Dr. Walrath. He was very responsive to every question I had during the exam. He explained everything thoroughly. His staff was great. They guided me through preparations for the surgery. After the surgery I had a question for Dr. Walrath. I called him on his cell phone (he stays in direct touch after the surgery) and he answered my question. That immediate response was very impressive and shows that he is a a Doctor that cares. I am now 3 months out. My eye sight has improved greatly and I look at least 10 or more years younger. I am so thankful that I choose to come to Dr Walrath for my surgery. He gave me a sparkle to my eye and a smile to my face.

June 25th, 2017
My experience was very positive. I trusted his judgment the first time I met him. My concerns were adequately addressed and I was very much at ease before surgery to lift a droopy eyelid and remove the bags from under my eyes. I would recommend Dr. Walrath unconditionally.

June 16th, 2017
Dr. Walrath is very knowledgeable and personable. I felt like he heard my concerns and knew how to best address them. Have had two procedures done to address ongoing effects of Bells Palsy. Tear duct surgery successfully corrected excess crocodile tearing. Botox treatment helped reduce synkinesis and restored symmetry and function to my face. The office staff are also great. Would highly recommend this practice.

June 13th, 2017
Procedure went well. All expectations were met.

June 10th, 2017
Had a very good experience.

May 31st, 2017
This surgery was a very positive experience . . . Dr. Walrath did and amazing surgery and I am pleased with the results. Dr. Walrath and his staff were were very professional and friendly. All questions were answered in a way that I could understand. PS. He is cute!

May 23rd, 2017
The diagnosis and explanation of the procedure were well explained ahead of time. Dr. Had great 'bedside' manners and good humor.

May 12th, 2017
Awesome Doctor and Staff!
Very professional, kind, funny and has a gift at putting a patient at ease.

May 6th, 2017
The doctor and staff were very professional and thorough. Appointments were on schedule and follow through with surgery center etc. was efficient.

April 22nd, 2017
Everyone one was great.

April 7th, 2017
Turned Away by Many Surgeons Until I Met Dr. Walrath
I had a ptosis correction surgery performed by another surgeon 10 years ago that had left me with upper eyelid retraction in my left lid. I consulted with at least a dozen different Occuloplastic surgeons and cosmetic surgeons, all of which told me my case was too risky and difficult to operate on. Some opted to add fillers to my eyelid in attempt to weigh my lid down into place, as it wasn't closing properly. That just added to the scar tissue which was the main issue. When I read an article that Dr. Walrath wrote about the intricacies of eyelid surgery and correctional methods, I was impressed and felt a strong intuition that this would be the surgeon to see to finally alleviate my issues. Dr. Walrath is an extremely talented, compassionate, and highly qualified surgeon. He told me honestly what he could fix and what he could not. Fortunately, my case wasn't beyond repair, as other surgeons suggested, so I was elated by this news. Surgery was a breeze, as well as recovery. The nurses and staff at Woolfson Eye Institute are top notch and truly care about you as a patient. Dr. Walrath was even nice enough to phone me, personally, the day after surgery (on his day off) to check up on my progress. I flew in from Chicago to Atlanta for the surgery and stayed at a nearby hotel. I was dismissed to fly home 6 days after surgery (and the main sutures were removed.) I sent follow up photos each week after surgery and everything looks great! My eye looks aesthetically pleasing now and nobody knows I've had a correction, but comment on how rested and sparkling I look now. Functionally, my lid closes and I no longer have as much tearing or dry eye issues I've had in the past. I only wish I had found him years ago!