Dr. Joseph Wassef MD, PC Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

June 19th, 2017
Dr.Told my mom to move after she told him she was seeing feral hogs when there wasn't any. That's only one thing out of many that this unprofessional Dr.said. I can't even finish this review but it's a fair warning do not go!!!!

May 13th, 2017
Not a receptive listener.
His intervention and presciption choices made the situation worse.

February 27th, 2017
He Does Not Care
No empathy or caring for the patient. This guy is a complete jerk. Never going back.

January 9th, 2017
Satisfied Patient
Dr. Wassef has helped me tremendously especially around the worst family tragedy I experienced.. several years ago.. he is still continuing to do so today.. Dr. Wassef looks at all of the medications I'm taking so that none counter react with the medications he has prescribed. His staff is pretty awesome..never had an issue making or changing appointments and when I need refills they are on top of it.. this is the doctor for me sms and he can be for you too.

June 28th, 2016
Is this Dr. Really have a degree in PsychiayPsychiatry??

May 4th, 2016
If you want someone who is actually going to want to hear what you have to say, go to anyone but him!

March 7th, 2016
Choose any other doctor
Have had bipolar for twenty yrs. Told doc what has worked for me, rx'd me something totally different with worse side effects, was left unable to function. Very confused. Was dealing with grief, mother had JUST committed suicide. Got a letter in the mail saying I owed $500. Or so I thought. Called insurance company, they said to see another doctor. So I canceled my follow up with Wassef. 2 months later, received a bill for $30. Apparently he IS covered in my insurance and btw the receptionist never said "No, it is covered" they are so cold and unhelpful. So I had a manic episode, could only get in to see my GP, she wants me to go back to Wassef. I called his office and explained the confusion and need to see him, they took notes and said they'd call me back. SHOCKER! They never called back. I called the next day, they said Wassef would NOT see me because it had been too long since my last appointment even though it was partially his fault for drugging me with some stupid medication and he was aware of my mothers suicide and insurance confusion. They also told me if I need help, go somewhere else and DO NOT list Dr Wassef as my doctor because he IS NOT my doctor. Before this whole debacle the staff there was horrible. They may get the job done but neither they or the doctor have any compassion, which is a valuable quality when working with sick people. Even other professionals like counsellors and doctors do not like Wassef.

January 23rd, 2016
Rude and condescending
This doctor is the personification of the word condescending. He is nowhere near compassionate enough to be "treating" mentally disturbed patients. He talks down to patients as though they are liars and criminals. This is not the way depressed people seeking help should be cared for, or anyone for that matter.

January 19th, 2016
Very rude physician
Very rude person. After an exchange of about three sentences we felt bullied and misstreated.

January 6th, 2016
Condescending and defensive , poor medical provider

December 22nd, 2015
Worst Doctor Ever
Our daughter was admitted in the inpatient program. Her primary psychiatrist was not on call that weekend. My daughter was not responding well to the meds that she had been given. She met with Dr. Wassef. She said he was the biggest jerk she had ever met. She had refused to take one med that he had prescribed over the weekend. It made her worse. She could hardly move etc. Wassef got mad and wore his feelings on his sleeve because we had told the nursing staff that we didn't want our daughter taking any other meds other than what her Dr., (Pogue) who by the way is the best! We think the world of him. Anyway, the next time she talked to Wassef, she asked him if she was going to be ok. He told her he didn't know and if she had any questions, she could talk to Dr. Pogue. "He's your doctor. He can deal with you." She told Wassef she had been praying that God would heal her. Wassef told her, "Your God will not help you." He is a class A jerk. Before everything is said and done, we are reporting Wassef to the proper individuals for his behavior. I wouldn't take my dog to see this sorry excuse for a doctor. Other than that, we highly recommend ETMC Behavioral Center in Tyler.

November 18th, 2015
Worst Doctor ever
Belittles patients, is rude, put others down, refuses to explain waste of time and money.