Dr. Joseph Wassef MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

June 28th, 2016
Is this Dr. Really have a degree in PsychiayPsychiatry??

May 4th, 2016
If you want someone who is actually going to want to hear what you have to say, go to anyone but him!

March 7th, 2016
Choose any other doctor
Have had bipolar for twenty yrs. Told doc what has worked for me, rx'd me something totally different with worse side effects, was left unable to function. Very confused. Was dealing with grief, mother had JUST committed suicide. Got a letter in the mail saying I owed $500. Or so I thought. Called insurance company, they said to see another doctor. So I canceled my follow up with Wassef. 2 months later, received a bill for $30. Apparently he IS covered in my insurance and btw the receptionist never said "No, it is covered" they are so cold and unhelpful. So I had a manic episode, could only get in to see my GP, she wants me to go back to Wassef. I called his office and explained the confusion and need to see him, they took notes and said they'd call me back. SHOCKER! They never called back. I called the next day, they said Wassef would NOT see me because it had been too long since my last appointment even though it was partially his fault for drugging me with some stupid medication and he was aware of my mothers suicide and insurance confusion. They also told me if I need help, go somewhere else and DO NOT list Dr Wassef as my doctor because he IS NOT my doctor. Before this whole debacle the staff there was horrible. They may get the job done but neither they or the doctor have any compassion, which is a valuable quality when working with sick people. Even other professionals like counsellors and doctors do not like Wassef.

January 23rd, 2016
Rude and condescending
This doctor is the personification of the word condescending. He is nowhere near compassionate enough to be "treating" mentally disturbed patients. He talks down to patients as though they are liars and criminals. This is not the way depressed people seeking help should be cared for, or anyone for that matter.

January 18th, 2016
Very rude physician
Very rude person. After an exchange of about three sentences we felt bullied and misstreated.

January 6th, 2016
Condescending and defensive , poor medical provider

December 22nd, 2015
Worst Doctor Ever
Our daughter was admitted in the inpatient program. Her primary psychiatrist was not on call that weekend. My daughter was not responding well to the meds that she had been given. She met with Dr. Wassef. She said he was the biggest jerk she had ever met. She had refused to take one med that he had prescribed over the weekend. It made her worse. She could hardly move etc. Wassef got mad and wore his feelings on his sleeve because we had told the nursing staff that we didn't want our daughter taking any other meds other than what her Dr., (Pogue) who by the way is the best! We think the world of him. Anyway, the next time she talked to Wassef, she asked him if she was going to be ok. He told her he didn't know and if she had any questions, she could talk to Dr. Pogue. "He's your doctor. He can deal with you." She told Wassef she had been praying that God would heal her. Wassef told her, "Your God will not help you." He is a class A jerk. Before everything is said and done, we are reporting Wassef to the proper individuals for his behavior. I wouldn't take my dog to see this sorry excuse for a doctor. Other than that, we highly recommend ETMC Behavioral Center in Tyler.

November 18th, 2015
Worst Doctor ever
Belittles patients, is rude, put others down, refuses to explain waste of time and money.

September 18th, 2015
Dr. Wassef was perhaps the worst doctor I've had the misfortune to see. He would not let me speak except to answer yes or no questions, made me perform goofy tests that had no bearing on my diagnosis and proceeded after 15 minutes to tell me I had been inaccurately diagnosed. I have been diagnosed with and treated accurately for, a specific illness for some twenty something years. I found another doctor!

June 18th, 2015
Bipolar needed help
I have been bipolar for years, I have seen alot of different doctors. When I went into see Dr Wassef he did make me get off my xanax and Klonopin he showed me the dangers they have on the body. He did wing me off slowly it was very hard since I had been on them for years. But now that I am off of them I feel 100% better. He is very direct and to the point. I was worried about going to see him after reading some of his reviews. But now I thank god for him. His staff was awesome. When I called to schedule they were scheduling way out but they did place me on a call list and they called within two weeks. They called me to confirm and let me know what my co-payment was. I love the ladies in the office they were friendly and helpful. They general seemed like they cared. If you want direct and to the point care Dr Wassef is for you if you want pampering he is not. He is a psychiatrist and not a counselor, if you want someone to talk to and listen to you he will refer you a therapist down the hall, he staff even walked with me down their to schedule my appointment.

October 25th, 2014
The man is very full of himself!!
Too bad there's not an option for negative stars! It was all I could do to keep from laying him out after he was such a jerk to my wife. He seems to have a problem with women. Don't even think about questioning him. He's incredibly full of himself and is completely devoid of humility. Thankfully, we're moving from this area where there are equally or better qualified psychiatrists with 1000 times the personality and bedside manner.

February 21st, 2014
A Great Doctor!
Choosing doctors for my son is one of the most critical decisions I have ever had to make. Literally, my son’s life depend on it. There were many factors that I considered when choosing Dr. Joseph Wassef. Every doctor has strengths and weaknesses. I must admit over the years of dealing with doctors, we have seen both sides in this profession. What matters most is the fact that my son would have confidence in the doctor’s ability. First of all, Dr. Wassef’s personality was a perfect fit for my son. During our first visit, I personally witnessed the doctor’s firm “bedside manner” which matched up with the personality of my son. Because I know how important it is to have a great working relationship between a doctor and patient, it was imperative that my son felt that his needs would be met. Right from the beginning, Dr. Wassef talked in a manner that gained my son’s trust. The doctor wrote out directives and encouraged my son to make a commitment to be compliant with the treatment plan. He agreed to the terms of Dr. Wassef and as a result, my son’s mental health improved within two months. Another important factor, Dr. Joseph Wassef is a doctor that understands and cares about my son’s condition. He always speak words of encouragement and very sympathetic. In closing, I thank God for an answer to my prayers! God sent us a doctor who understands how mental illness impacts various aspects of an individual’s life, therefore, he works very diligently to improve my son’s quality of life! May God bless continue to bless Dr. Wassef!