Dr. Joseph Werther Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Werther?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Werther?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 3rd, 2017

Experienced MD but...

He used to be able to spend time with you and really listen. Since he had to move to Banner offices, it is rushed and his personal care has to lessen. His diagnosis has been off a few times.

November 3rd, 2016

Dr. Werther is knowledgeable, but the way he interacts with his patients is awful. My kids were extremely uncomfortable. We found him to be rude and condescending. I would not recommend him.

October 13th, 2016

Do your research

Overall I think Dr Werther is a good doctor, but not a very personable pediatrician especially for first-time mothers. He seems to always cut me off mid-sentence/thought. He tends to use a tone as if he's reprimanding me which makes me feel bad as a mother like I am doing something wrong. For example at my son's one-year checkup, I had already started to wean him off of the bottle and onto sippy cups but I was still allowing him to have one or two bottles during the day and one to fall asleep with otherwise, he would always have a sippy cup. The doctor saw a bottle on the corner of my diaper bag and immediately snapped at me and told me that I need to go home and throw away all of the bottles and if he cries let him suffer because that's the only way he will learn. I don't agree with that method and I feel that he is not very understanding when it comes to different circumstances because each child is different. Now, when my husband is around he tends to be extremely more polite, personable, and respectful. Which leads me to believe that he may have had some sort of negative experience in the past with a woman or just women in general, and as a result he looks down at them. As if they (mothers and women) are not his equal. He has been practicing a long time, so I'm sure as far as his knowledge as a pediatrician he is very well-versed in that category. But if you are looking for a doctor that you can feel comfortable with and not feel afraid to ask questions because you are in fear of how he will react, this is not the doctor for you. He is from back east and needs to really improve on his delivery of information and suggestions. If you catch him on a bad day, it's even worse. So far he has been my sons pediatrician for 16 months now, do to me not having the time to research a new pediatrician and the fact that I'm not worried about Dr. Werther's experience and expertise in his field of Pediatrics, I don't find it urgent to switch pediatricians. But if I could go back, I would not have picked him to be my son's Dr. And certainly would not recommend him to anyone!!

February 11th, 2016

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Werther. We switched over to his office after my daughter was 4 months old from another physician who was not providing adequate care. Dr. Werther is extremely attentive, thorough in his diagnosis, and not afraid to tell it like it is. When it comes to my daughters health, I want someone who doesn't sugar coat things! He promptly returns my calls with questions and follows up with me afterwards just to check in. I would recommend him (and have) to anyone!

November 24th, 2015

Dr. Wherther is the best pediatrician we have had. He is through and will call a few days later if the children have seen him b/c they are sick. I am very pleased with the care he provides and confident in his assessments.

February 5th, 2015

Dr. Werther is terrific. He is so good with children, patient and understanding. He explains everything very thoroughly. However, since Banner has taken over Dr. Werther's practice, it is nearly impossible to contact the office. I call the same number that I have used for years; I have looked for the number on the internet; and, I have contacted a central number with no luck. Banner needs a lesson in working with patients and parents. Such a shame that Dr. Werther's practice is now a part of Banner!

June 19th, 2013

Finding a new doc.

I took my son in to Dr Werther because he was having digestive issues. I suggested that he be tested for acid reflux, celiacs, or lactose intolerance…I was basically looking for ideas on how to make my sons health better. He scorned me for suggesting he could have anything wrong with him and said he was simply constipated, and it was normal for him to wake up every night screaming that his stomach hurts. He also told me that I do not get to diagnose my child because I am not a doctor, and he will be the one to take care of all medical examinations. (I am a nurse, and felt like that was really rude!) My poor little guy still has this problem, and he is NOT constipated. He goes in for testing with a specialist next week, and we will not be going back to this doctor!

July 25th, 2012

really nice pediactric

great Dr. only thing I hate is that its hard to reschedule an appointment on a short notice because they are always full. Also his staff sound mad and somewhat rude on the phone most of the time and are not friendly when we go to appointments.

June 11th, 2012

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO DR. WERTHER

Dr. Werther is the worst doctor I have ever come in contact with.He is the most disrespectful,impolite,rude Pediatrician I know. I feel sorry for any child that has to have a horrible doctor like this. Any parent reading this do not trust this doctor with your child life!!! He does not know what he is doing.

April 3rd, 2012

3 1/2 years with Dr. Werther we love him

Very professional & takes time for you to understand what is going on with my son. He has been by far the best dr we have & will stay with him for as long as my son can go there. He takes the time to call you back and explain everything.. we love Dr. Werther!!!!

March 13th, 2012

great doctor

wouldnt take my kids to see any dr but dr werther

April 27th, 2010

He always goes the extra mile...that's important to me,he really cares for my kids...