Dr. Joseph Wilkes, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 24th, 2014

Excellent surgeon...very pleasant office staff...caring.

|  Great Doctor, Highly Recommend  |  show details
by Stephanie V. on Dec 5th, 2013

Dr. Wilkes was thorough in examining any injury I have brought to him. He fully explains the injury and treatment recommendations. He has always answered all of my questions, even explaining things a couple of times until I fully understood what was going on with the injury. His staff is very helpful and polite. I would most definitely use Dr. Wilkes for any orthopedic injury I have in the future.

|  Great Experience!  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2013

Dr. Wilkes performed 2 surgeries for me: hand surgery and total knee replacement. In both instances, I found his services to be excellent. He took time to listen to my concerns, explained both procedures thoroughly and answered my questions. I had a great recovery both times and credit this to his diligence and expertise as a surgeon and to his very competent follow-up care. I have and will continue to recommend him to others.

Nov 14th, 2013

Dr. Wilkes saw me quickly and was very helpful in explaining my diagnosis. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

|  Salesperson  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2013

I had a skiing accident about 4 years ago and went to another doctor. He did fine but I was later referred to Dr. Wilkes. Dr. Wilkes has a great bed side manner and he listens to any problems or concerns I have. He was able to follow up with me and made sure I was taken care of. I am able to ski now with no pain and I credit Dr. Wilkes for all his hard work!

Sep 25th, 2013

Dr. Wilkes is the best! I have used Dr. Wilkes for a number of years for a variety of orthopedic problems. He is always pleasant and I feel comfortable explaining my symptoms to him in great detail. Other members of my family have also used Dr. Wilkes including my elderly mother who had to have surgery on her broken wrist. That was two years ago and she has done great! I always recommend Dr. Wilkes to my friends when they are looking for an orthopedic.

|  Excellent Doctor, Staff, Office on Collier Rd.  |  show details
by GW on Sep 8th, 2013

Dr. Wilkes has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor I have ever seen. He is very friendly and puts you at ease. He explains everything so that you can understand it. He even draws pictures so that you can see exactly what he will be doing in the surgery. I had a torn meniscus and he knew what it was before the MRI, etc. were done. My recovery was very quick and the physical therapy was exactly what was needed. With each follow up visit, he spent a lot of time explaining what was going on with my recovery and was very patient with me asking asking a lot questions. I highly recommend Dr. Wilkes as a great doctor, surgeon, and a person who truly cares about his patients.

|  Unsatisfied  |  show details
by Ben on Sep 4th, 2013

I came to see Dr. Wilkes to look at my knee. Before even knowing the diagnosis he ordered physical therapy. Luckily, I did not go to physical therapy because we eventually found out from an MRI that I had a torn meniscus. I had been on crutches for about a month before seeing him and was in extreme pain. His assistant treated me like crap, not having the decency to pay attention to me saying I was in pain. I had to twist his arm to give me pain medication until the surgery. I complained to them about my hips but they ignored that. I had the surgery but they waited several weeks before telling me to do physical therapy, causing an even larger decrease in muscle in my leg. A few months later I ended up in the hospital for stomach problems--a problem that was linked to the pain in my hips and my knee not healing properly. Overall, they were unfriendly, short, and did not seem to care about me as a patient.

|  Very sick and not helped  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2013

My husband was referred to Dr. Wilkes for severe pain and inability to move his arm. Instead of working quickly to diagnose the problem and get him in a plan of treatment the doctor and staff were less concerned than any place I've ever been. When you go to a doctor with something severe typically they move quickly putting you ahead of people with follow-ups, routine matters and they get you tested and on a plan of action. Instead it took forever to get in and then back in after testing. The testing was not completed because he was unable to be in the position needed yet no urgency by the staff to get him to a place that could actually accomodate him. I called the doctor's office trying to get some urgency and they were belligerent. In fact the doctor then agreed to see my husband immediately, charged him for a visit and then told him that he would not treat him due to my insistent pleas. When my husband got into another doctor who took him the next day and got him treated within a week, they found he had a full body inflammation of a serious nature and have him on at least a year's worth of medicine. Keep in mind that during this time my husband needed help getting out of bed, getting dressed, driving, etc. He is our sole provider and the father of two minor children and needed to work. He lost at least two months of good productivity in his business due to negligence by the doctor and other staff doctors who I appealed to and by the disinterest of the staff. Inflammation is known to cause every kind of disease known to man including alzeheimers. People who saw him felt he was close to death. I would beg anyone not to see this arrogant negligent doctor and his lazy cold-hearted staff.

Aug 31st, 2010

by Carlos C. Canada on Jun 6th, 2010

I arrived at Dr. Wilkes office early as requested in order to complete necessary paper work. The front staff were pleasent and professional. After a 25 minute wait in the lobby I was placed in a small examination room. About 20 minutes later someone poked their head in the door and said the doctor would be with me soon. I continued to wait and in another 30 minutes a student nurse came in and asked some questions and left stating that the doctor would be with me soon. I waited 2 hours in the small examination room and finally got up and left. I never did see the doctor. $50 dollars later. 5 hours of my day waisted in driving and waiting time along with $8,700 in MRI testing done I still have no clue about the problems I have.