Dr. Joseph Willner MD Patient Reviews

2.4

April 30th, 2015
Arrogant and mean!!
Told my hudband that his problem was his wife. Missed the diagnosis of Parkinson's, which killrd him 13 years later.

April 28th, 2015
the reception staff is the worst I've ever encountered. It took me almost 3 weeks to simply schedule an appointment. they did not returned phone calls, never, ever pick up the phone during their business hours, its always the answering machine. The most passive aggressive reception staff ever. Definitely a hostile attitude. I like doctor Wilner a lot otherwise I would not return.

October 8th, 2014
Do not expect help, concern or any real care. He deserves no stars.
Here is a copy of my email to Dr.Willner's office after he saw my mother today, and returned my call about her visit with him: "This afternoon, my mother, saw Dr.Willner. She was very upset and disappointed with the result of her visit with him. Although his specialty includes treatments for headaches and dizziness, he showed no concern for these problems. He stated that my mother's MRI revealed no abnormalities.He informed her she has arthritis. He stated that "everybody gets arthritis in their neck when hey are old". My mother has no arthritis issues or pains and is very agile. She does suffer from daily headaches and dizziness. H recommended Chiropractics, Acupuncture and PT. She informed him that has tried these modalities for years without abatement of the headaches or dizziness. When I asked why he did not prescribe a medication to alleviate her chronic pain,l ike would not Imitrex, Butalbutal or anything for the headaches -he stated that he does not "try" medications . He flatly refused to offer any medical relief - stating he "knows" they will not help. He is a doctor who is not concerned enough to help a patient in pain. He was arrogant and rude to my mother, and left her feeling hopeless about finding any reprieve or amelioration of her pain. After reading many very negative reviews about his bedside manner, arrogant and insensitive treatment of unfortunate people who came to see him, I can concur with them..He should not be practicing medicine. His behavior repeatedly brought much added distress and even despondency to people looking to him for help.He also told me , and I quote" some things can't be fixed". I informed him about the reviews I read about him and suggested he reads them. He rudely hung up on me , ending our conversation. I I ended my note by I posting the link to the reviews on this site about him. This is the kind of doctor that makes people people feel worse after that see him. He administers hopelessness and perhaps should hang up his stethoscope since he has no interest in helping anyone. He is doing your team no favors by working with you."

August 14th, 2014
HORRIBLE MONEY HUNGRY DOCTOR
Visiting Doctor Willner was the worse experience I ever had. I waited for over 45 minutes after my appointment time. This is when I noticed the desk staff's unwelcoming and unprofessional behavior. After finally getting hollered (hollered not called for politely) out of the waiting room, I was taken to a room where the doctors assistant took my blood pressure. Dr. Willner arrived where we had the standard "small talk" introduction for 5 minutes. After, we discussed the reason for my appointment LITERALLY 3 minutes later I was given a referral to another doctor and dismissed. I have never felt so robbed in my life.

March 17th, 2014
Arrogant, Uncaring.Tells patients to"live with it"(pain). Gives incorrect info to insurance -after taking their payments.n"
If any caring at all was important in medical licensing, this MD would have his license revoked. Arrogant doesn't begin to describe this man's attitude-as though patients in pain are wasting his time. My husband-59- went to this doctor because his own back pain specialist was out of town last December. He should have waited in spite of the pain. Willner sent him to Dr. Alweiss who performed an epidural-which relieved the pain until February. Now our insurance denied any more because the 2nd one didn't help and Willner told them there was no radiating of pain-which there is! He told my husband to live with it and that he wouldn't prescribe anything more than Ibuprofen for the pain. This inhumane individual, who calls himself a doctor needs to pack up and retire.

January 14th, 2014
Horrible bedside manners. Did not help me with my condition. told me:" it was me getting older" (I am in my 30's) And told me to follow up with another specialist, very rude. He seems cocky and arrogant.

January 8th, 2014
An Incompetent and Arrogant Physician!
In 2002 after observing abnormal behavior in my husband for several years I decided he needed cognitive testing and made an appointment with Dr. Willner. My husband thought I was taking him to a psychiatrist, so to calm him down I made an appointment for myself because I have MS and hadn't seen a neurologist for several years. I sent a letter in advance of our appointments explaining why we were coming, but when we got there they insisted they had not received the letter. I found Dr. Willner totally lacking in bedside manner. He sent me away with kits containing videos and pamphlets about two new MS drugs and said not to come back if I was not willing to take one of them. He also predicted I would suffer brain atrophy and end up in a wheelchair! I promptly booked a flight to China and continued traveling until 2009! I regret that I didn't go in with my husband because he came out after a few minutes smiling and teling me that he didn't have to come back because Dr. Willner said his problem was his wife! In 2007 my husband developed Parkinsonian symptoms and is now very frail, disabled and suffering from dementia.

July 17th, 2013
Waited over an hour. Doctor was disinterested with sympotms and did not seem to want to help. He did a 2 minute exam and then dismissed me.

August 16th, 2012
Dr. Willner is approchable, understanding and provides his patients with easy to understand information.

July 23rd, 2010
Arrogant practitioner
Doctor seemed unconcerned with my pain and completely disinterested in any input from me.He offered neither help nor suggestions and dismissed me, after a cursory examination, with the declaration that he found no neurological problem.

June 16th, 2010
Experience matters
A good listener who seemed naturally to focus on my problem and address my concerns.

October 15th, 2009
Seemed to not care or be interested maybe had other things on his mind.