Dr. Joseph Zavatsky MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Temple Terrace, FL

• Good
  • Bad

January 4th, 2017
Horrible experience. My leg pain is worst than before the surgery. My toes are numb and burning. I hurt and he doesn't help.

June 3rd, 2015
Does not call back for updated after surgery or when called after hours.

May 4th, 2015
I waited a long time and didn't get enough time during the visit. Also I filled out a lengthy form which I knew most doctors don't read which described this place. It was a waste of time and I had to repeat some of the same info on the forms.

August 7th, 2013
NEVER AGAIN!

June 7th, 2013
truth
Spent 3 hours at the doctor's office. Way too much waiting time. Didn't explain x-rays. Didn't listen to anything I said. Want me to take some test that I already have had 2 times before. But I know doctors will do that for better salary. For the 3 hours waiting ; He only spent about 5 minutes with me. No way in Hades will I spend my time and money at that place.

December 28th, 2011
great doc. explained things so i could understand them. i would highly recommend him to my family.

November 25th, 2011
HE ALLOWED ME TO WALK AGAIN
I looked for over a year for a surgeon to help me without success. Then I found Dr Zavatsky. I had multiple spine surgeries and was leaning over, couldn't stand up straight and was confined to using a walker and wheelchair to get around. He spent over an hour explaing my xrays and MRI, why i was having so much pain and unable to walk. He was very sympathetic to my problems and really cared and wanted to get me better. He told me that in order to correct my problem and the other surgeries that he would have to do a very large, complicated surgery. It was very scary but he comforted me and put my mind at ease. He even allowed me to talk to several of his other patients. I had excellent results after the surgery and physical therapy. Dr Zavatsky gave me my life back and allowed me to walk again. He is one of the best doctors that has ever cared for me. I would recommend him highly to anyone with spine problems.

August 8th, 2011
Angered/Upset
The office setting felt similar to a cattle drive. After I arrived in the exam room, I waited 35 minutes to see Dr. Zavatsky. While awaiting his arrival, a woman was screaming in pain, waiting for assistance from another exam room; I heard Dr. Zavatsky brashly reply to her, no sympathy. When he arrived in my exam room, he sat at near his computer, pen in hand, and asked me to explain my symptoms. As I described my symptoms, he anxiously tapped his foot, and looked at his watch. . .I was offended greatly! He then interupted me by stating he reviewed my MRI and found nothing to be wrong. I questioned him about several findings that the MRI report stated, and he wasn't only unconcerned, but stated, "there's nothing I can do, your symptoms are probably due to a Vitamin B deficiency; go back to your primary." After I insisted my Vitamin Levels were fine, he offered a very quick physical exam, only consisting of pushing on my hands to then which he replied, "You're fine." I was so upset! This gentleman had nor the time nor the courtesy to hear my concerns; NOR do I believe he reviewed my MRI. If he had, he would have offered some sort of treatment. Every physician before him, Neurologists included and even my own mother (master's degree in nursing) found the MRI to be daunting. I was truly hurt, disapointed and have lost faith in our Medical Doctor's as a result of seeing this young doctor. Please, I beg of you, do not visit this gentleman.

June 30th, 2011
Obnoxious jerk
I waited longer than an hour!!!He was an arrogant egomaniac who dropped the F bomb outside my room while talking to a student.Extremely unprofessional and uncaring.

March 18th, 2011
Very professional, yet communicative & considerate. Highly rated

March 6th, 2011
It has been a great experience
Dr Zavatsky was excellent.very happy with the first visit he took the time to answer all my question.everyone super professional.thank's

March 1st, 2011