Dr. Josephine Dhar MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2011
An EX-PATIENT
At my first visit, she told me what her diagnosis was and with no compassion or assurance, informed me I had a chronic condition and would not live another 10 years. I had heard from a friend that they would recommend her & after seeing 2 different rheumatologist who misdiagnosed my condition, I reluctantly followed up with her for my treatment.I'm still alive, and it's been 16 years now. I stopped seeing her, after following her from DMC to Henry Ford & then back to DMC. She treated me for 5 years (seeing her at least once every month), when I was informed Dr. Dhar's schedule was full and they had to cancel my appointment & didn't have another opening for over 3 months! I was having a flare-up and very sick, her staff toldme just to go to the emergency room. I was hospitalized for over a week & she never saw or spoke to me once! The Doctor overseeing my care couldn't even contact her. I guess I should thank her for not seeing me, because I found another specialist and I'm still alive! I would not have been alive 10 years as she had told me, because she had prescribed medications to me, and I was just getting worse. She never once explained some of the medications had very serious consequences and you had to judge whether the benefits would outweigh the risks. I was never told about the risks and had I not went to the other Dr. I would not have been given a test to find out if the medication I was taking had done any damage to my organs. They had & at any time minutes, hours, or a few days, only God knows, I would have died. My adrenal glands had completely shut down & they affect every bodily function. Without treatment I would have gone into adrenal shock and died!I had to wait HOURS to see her and most of her staff were rude, uncaring, and incompetent. They even lost my charts more than once & of course, she couldn't remember any information from my prior visits. She would have her patients wait hours.....not because she was spending a lot of time with each one, but because she was overbooked & had to speed through your visit! She was in this profession not to help people, but to make MONEY! That's why she switched hospitals so much.Well, that's behind me now, I just had to write this review, to warn others what they may experience.

September 23rd, 2015