Dr. Josephine Lopez MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Athens, GA

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

June 6th, 2011
We used to be very happy with Dr. Lopez; however, in the last couple of years the level of care has dropped dramatically. She now has a physician's assistant in her office who handles most of her cases. I have no problem with PA's, having worked with several outstanding ones in my health care career. But his one is NOT one of the good ones; he doesn't take the time to ask questions, or really even listen to concerns. We have had several issues with getting referrals that are REQUIRED by our insurance company for my child's specific condition, and have had to have the specialist we work with call and raise a ruckus to get it done; they then LIED about it and said that they had approved our request, less than ten minutes after telling us it was denied because his short-term medication was working. (Of course, that's the point of short-term meds; they're only used long enough to control symptoms until the cause of the problem is found, and can cause side effects with long-term use.) They also tried to force us to give our son the Gardasil vaccination, even though we explained that we did not want to until further testing had been conducted on the side effects for young men. They no longer take concerns seriously, don't take the time to listen thoroughly to signs & symptoms, and will give you the quickest diagnosis possible just to get you out of the office. We are currently transferring to a different pediatrician because the quality of care has become so poor. In addition, her staff has become very difficult to deal with. I'm not a 'pushy' patient; normally if the doctor tells me it's necessary, I don't argue. But there have been too many instances of low-quality communication & indifference to patient care that I can no longer comfortably take my child there, or recommend this practice to anyone else.