Gynecologic Oncologist
Video profile
345 W. Northwest Hwy
Palatine, IL 60067
(847) 358-2009
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Albina L on Aug 13th, 2013

I can't thank Dr Tunca enough for what he did. With the diagnose I had I did not expect to hear anything positive from him, I was ready for the worst. The second I walked in, he greeted me with all his heart as if he knew me for years. When he looked at my diagnose (cervical cancer, 3rd stage), he knew it was going to be a rough road. He did not let me panic. Dr Tunca assured that I was going to be fine. Quickly he called the next Doctors I needed to see. He completed my surgery and treatments to an excellent level. To summarize my experience with Dr Tunca; he gave me a second life. I will be thankful for what he did as long as I live. I am telling my story, because I want other patients to feel as secure as I felt in his hands and his staff. He is a very knowledgeable doctor and will do everything in his power to help. With no doubt I recommend him.

|  Excellent doctor, person goes for staff too.  |  show details
by Kim on Jun 27th, 2013

Would not have any other doctor. Everyone who works there is great; nice and good at what they do. My tumor was very large and I was without hope and being around these people brings comfort. They put the wheels in motion and it was a well oiled machine. Within 10 days of seeing him I had my surgery. I recommend him to everyone.

|  Good Experience, Good Doctor  |  show details
by Daniela Paveliuc on May 15th, 2013

He cured me of third stage cervical cancer. He helped give me a better and longer life, for this i thank and bless him with all my heart and i will pray for him everyday for as long as i live.

|  Josh Tunca  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2012

I am Dr. Josh Tunca MD. and I would like to respond to the feedback left for me on this board. First off, thank you for thinking so highly of me and the service I provide. I care deeply for all my patients, and they are my number one priority. It gives me great pleasure to see so many patients give me such wonderful feedback.I would also like to respond the few negative comments:1-I have never dropped any patient because their insurance situation changed.2-Obesity is a major issue for any patient, regardless of age or condition. It causes severe health issues and prolongs recovery time for any surgery. I recommend any obese client to lose weight as it is the right thing to recommend for a long, healthy life.Thank you again for all the feedback. I am looking forward to hearing from anyone concerned about GYN Cancer.Sincerely,Dr. Josh Tunca MD.

|  Debbie Kulik  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2012

Dr Tunca is wonderful and if it wasn't for him I migth be here now. I am greatful for his skill and care he has given me

|  A wonderful Doctor :>)  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Tunca by my Gyne for an issue that could possibly be a problem. I felt I was in good hands as he is rated in the Top 300 best doctors in his expertise by U.S. News. I received an appointment the next day after calling, the office staff & his nurse Ingrid are very caring and sweet. Dr. Tunca is a very compassionate and intelligent man. He sat with me as long as time would allow, but he is very busy. I feel if he can't chat long, it is because he is trying to help everyone. He obviously has a good reputation for being a great physician with a great bedside manner. I will be going back for a follow up and would highly recommend him.

|  MY MIRACLE WORKER ........  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

LET ME START BY SAYING, DR TUNCA GAVE ME HOPE WHEN I HAD NONE. I WAS FACED WITH UTERINE CANCER AT THE AGE OF 60. ALSO I HAD NEVER HAD AN OPERATION BEFORE, OF ANY KIND. I WAS TOLD ABOUT DR. TUNCA'S AMAZING SKILLS, BEDSIDE MANNER, AND TAKING AS MUCH TIME AS I NEEDED TO PUT ME AT EASE WITH ALL OF MY DOUBTS AND FEARS. WHEN WE HAD OUR FIRST VISIT,DR.TUNCA AND HIS STAFF PUT ME AT TOTAL EASE WITH DISCUSSING ALL ASPECTS OF THE UPCOMING SURGERY.AFTER MEETING WITH DR. TUNCA, I WAS SO CONFIDENT IN HIM, AND, MY NEW FRIEND,THE DA VINCI ROBOT,WHEN I WENT INTO THE WAITING ROOM FOR SURGERY, I HAD, WHAT I CAN ONLY EXPLAIN AS, A MIRACLE HAPPEN. I WAS OVERCOME BY TOTAL SECURITY AND CALMNESS ABOUT WHAT WAS TO TAKE PLACE SHORTLY.MY MAJOR HYSTERECTOMY WAS COMPLETED IN A TOTAL OF 45 MINUTES!!! INCREDIBLE!! AND THEN DR. TUNCA ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO GO HOME IN 6 HOURS OR THE NEXT DAY---CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE THAT??I COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER ANSWER TO ALL OF MY PRAYERS!!... A QUICK RECOVERY, NO HEALING PAIN WHATSOEVER AND NO COMPLICATIONS OF ANY KIND. IT FELT LIKE I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE SURGERY, LET ALONE MAJOR SURGERY!! JUST INCREDIBLE!THANK YOU DR. TUNCA!!!! WORDS WILL NEVER CONVEY MY GRATITUDE TO YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME.IN MY MIND, YOU ARE MY "MIRACLE WORKER"!

Mar 22nd, 2012

Highly recommend Dr. Tunca. If you want the best gynecologic oncologist, see Dr. Tunca. If you want bedside manner and emotional support, turn to your friends and family. Dr. Tunca does what he does best - cure people. His nurse, Ingrid, is a true angel and will spend all the time needed to answer your questions. They are both very special people.

Aug 2nd, 2011

I was treated with the utmost respect and concern for my health from Dr. Tunca and all his staff from pre op to post op. I want the highest skilled, experienced surgeon in the operating room and Dr. Tunca is the best. If I need hand holding, I'll go to my family and friends for that support and leave Dr. Tunca to use his energy doing what he's best at...surgery!

Jun 14th, 2011

Had very bad experiences with this doctor. Did not learn much about my illness and ended up paying big $ for his service.

by cbr on Oct 4th, 2010

Dr. Tunca's bedside manner is humiliating and disrespectful. All who were in the hospital room the day he told me I was too fat (weighed less than he)and should be thankful I was alive, then dismissing my concerns and questions was when I knew I would be switching doctors as soon as my sutures were out. I can only say he may be a fantastic surgeon, but people skills he totally lacks!

Jun 9th, 2010

He saved my life.

by Debbie Petitt on May 4th, 2010

Dr Tunca is the best gyne-oncologist around. He haved the life of our daughter when she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the age of 15. He is kind, compassionate and has always treated us like family. We don't know what we would have done without him. We love you Dr. Tunca!

|  Drops patient without insurance  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2009

He dropped my wife after we lost our insurance and would not even talk with us on the phone.Bad experience with his staff added more stress to our lives.

Jun 19th, 2008

I am very happy that I have gone to see the doctor after my ob-gyne has referred me to him. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Dr himself is a nice man who deals directly with the problem. Makes the best effort to cure you. In the end that is what counts..