Dr. Josh Tunca MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

April 7th, 2016
Best Doctor
Excellent Dr. And stuff

June 28th, 2015
So happy I could find a surgeon like him
Having an experienced doctor was very important to me so when I was referred to Dr Tunca, I was happy to see he had years of experience. He will tell you as he see it, nothing more nothing less. Yes, the diagnosis is already hard to handle but sugarcoating anything is not going to help anyone. My surgery was a robotic surgery with minimum recovery time and thanks to his years of experience and skills, I was up and running in no time. Thank you again for the wonderful care you provided. I would highly recommend him!

August 13th, 2013
Great Doctor
I can't thank Dr Tunca enough for what he did. With the diagnose I had I did not expect to hear anything positive from him, I was ready for the worst. The second I walked in, he greeted me with all his heart as if he knew me for years. When he looked at my diagnose (cervical cancer, 3rd stage), he knew it was going to be a rough road. He did not let me panic. Dr Tunca assured that I was going to be fine. Quickly he called the next Doctors I needed to see. He completed my surgery and treatments to an excellent level. To summarize my experience with Dr Tunca; he gave me a second life. I will be thankful for what he did as long as I live. I am telling my story, because I want other patients to feel as secure as I felt in his hands and his staff. He is a very knowledgeable doctor and will do everything in his power to help. With no doubt I recommend him.

June 27th, 2013
Excellent doctor, person goes for staff too.
Would not have any other doctor. Everyone who works there is great; nice and good at what they do. My tumor was very large and I was without hope and being around these people brings comfort. They put the wheels in motion and it was a well oiled machine. Within 10 days of seeing him I had my surgery. I recommend him to everyone.

May 15th, 2013
Good Experience, Good Doctor
He cured me of third stage cervical cancer. He helped give me a better and longer life, for this i thank and bless him with all my heart and i will pray for him everyday for as long as i live.

February 16th, 2013
Ruined my body and life
DIagnosed me with a 10-15lb. tumor and that I should have it out immediately. Was highly recommended by my Gynacologyst so I did not go for another opinion. Cyst was 4 lbs. not as he described and pathology report was that the tissue was normal as was my uterus which I did not want removed if it was normal but it was removed anyway.. The other problem. He made a 10" vertical incision cutting the facia and muscles. He did not sew them back together just stapled my skin with a layer of fat together. The incision was sloppy and disfiguring.SInce my stomach was large like a pregnant woman from having the cyst for 10 months and I was 55 he should have had a plastic surgeon there to close me up and remove the excess skin. I had problems for a long time, still do, and then had a CAT scan done which showed my muscles and facia were not holding me together as they had not been sewn back as should have been. I was NOT told that or warned that I would have to be careful. I have to be careful so that my stomach and other organs don't hernate outside my cavity if the thin skin tears. I can't wear anything tight around my stomach, which looks like I am 9 months pregnant, have to be careful bending or any movement that might make the opening enlarge. Can't rest anything on my sotmach or allow my pets or grandchildren to touch it. THe space which started out 1 finger wide is now 2 fingers wide. The length of the cut inside has grown and is now up to my sternum. I can't do any exercise that involces tightenening stomach muscles as it will only cause them to tear more. He has destroyed the physical part of my life. I used to have a nice figure but that was destroyed with his vertical cut and not sewing me back together. WHen I went back to his office to have the staples removed I found he had taken off and gone on vacation for a few weeks.His partner had to squeeze me in to see me and was not at all pleased. His office assistant told me she was helping him during the surgery and didn't I remember seeing her. I didn't. I asked her a few questions and she told me she was his surgical assistant for many years. She also said she wasn't even a registered nurse, just trained by him. I did not know that was allowed. My life will probably be shortened by his surgery or lack of correctly suturing me up. My internest even told me I had been butchered. That is the way I think of him. As a butcher.

July 24th, 2012
Debbie Kulik
Dr Tunca is wonderful and if it wasn't for him I migth be here now. I am greatful for his skill and care he has given me

April 25th, 2012
A wonderful Doctor :>)
I was referred to Dr. Tunca by my Gyne for an issue that could possibly be a problem. I felt I was in good hands as he is rated in the Top 300 best doctors in his expertise by U.S. News. I received an appointment the next day after calling, the office staff & his nurse Ingrid are very caring and sweet. Dr. Tunca is a very compassionate and intelligent man. He sat with me as long as time would allow, but he is very busy. I feel if he can't chat long, it is because he is trying to help everyone. He obviously has a good reputation for being a great physician with a great bedside manner. I will be going back for a follow up and would highly recommend him.

April 6th, 2012
MY MIRACLE WORKER ........
LET ME START BY SAYING, DR TUNCA GAVE ME HOPE WHEN I HAD NONE. I WAS FACED WITH UTERINE CANCER AT THE AGE OF 60. ALSO I HAD NEVER HAD AN OPERATION BEFORE, OF ANY KIND. I WAS TOLD ABOUT DR. TUNCA'S AMAZING SKILLS, BEDSIDE MANNER, AND TAKING AS MUCH TIME AS I NEEDED TO PUT ME AT EASE WITH ALL OF MY DOUBTS AND FEARS. WHEN WE HAD OUR FIRST VISIT,DR.TUNCA AND HIS STAFF PUT ME AT TOTAL EASE WITH DISCUSSING ALL ASPECTS OF THE UPCOMING SURGERY.AFTER MEETING WITH DR. TUNCA, I WAS SO CONFIDENT IN HIM, AND, MY NEW FRIEND,THE DA VINCI ROBOT,WHEN I WENT INTO THE WAITING ROOM FOR SURGERY, I HAD, WHAT I CAN ONLY EXPLAIN AS, A MIRACLE HAPPEN. I WAS OVERCOME BY TOTAL SECURITY AND CALMNESS ABOUT WHAT WAS TO TAKE PLACE SHORTLY.MY MAJOR HYSTERECTOMY WAS COMPLETED IN A TOTAL OF 45 MINUTES!!! INCREDIBLE!! AND THEN DR. TUNCA ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO GO HOME IN 6 HOURS OR THE NEXT DAY---CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE THAT??I COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER ANSWER TO ALL OF MY PRAYERS!!... A QUICK RECOVERY, NO HEALING PAIN WHATSOEVER AND NO COMPLICATIONS OF ANY KIND. IT FELT LIKE I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE SURGERY, LET ALONE MAJOR SURGERY!! JUST INCREDIBLE!THANK YOU DR. TUNCA!!!! WORDS WILL NEVER CONVEY MY GRATITUDE TO YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME.IN MY MIND, YOU ARE MY "MIRACLE WORKER"!

March 22nd, 2012
Highly recommend Dr. Tunca. If you want the best gynecologic oncologist, see Dr. Tunca. If you want bedside manner and emotional support, turn to your friends and family. Dr. Tunca does what he does best - cure people. His nurse, Ingrid, is a true angel and will spend all the time needed to answer your questions. They are both very special people.

August 2nd, 2011
I was treated with the utmost respect and concern for my health from Dr. Tunca and all his staff from pre op to post op. I want the highest skilled, experienced surgeon in the operating room and Dr. Tunca is the best. If I need hand holding, I'll go to my family and friends for that support and leave Dr. Tunca to use his energy doing what he's best at...surgery!

June 14th, 2011
Had very bad experiences with this doctor. Did not learn much about my illness and ended up paying big $ for his service.