Josh Vella, MD
2222 E Highland Ave
Ste 300
Phoenix, AZ 85016
602-615-7559
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Minor hand surgery  |  show details
by Don Rossi on Oct 5th, 2013

Dr Vella and his PA handled my minor surgery this week This was my first visit to this facility and first exposure to this Physician. It was quite refreshing to find an incredibly professional staff both up front and in the operating room,and to find such a competent physician. My surgery was fast, painless and the recovery is flawless. This Doctor and staff have my highest recommendations. I consider myself fortunate to have found him.

|  Dr. Vella  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2013

In my opinion..........don't go!!! If someone had told me how rude and condescending this guy was and that he wouldn't accurately diagnose my condition I would have listened. And not be in the position I'm in now! You have a choice who you see. I'd find someone else with more experience and a good bedside manner.

|  Dr. Josh Vella is the Worst  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2013

In my opinion.. I wouldn't walk, I'd run the other way from this Dr. He is condescending, blankly stares at you and has no knowledge of the hand. He is conservative...and really good at just ignoring anything you tell him. He will most likely misdiagnose the condition. Listen and pay attention the other reviews. This was my mistake. I went anyway. This is a real review. Not posted by the office staff, but by a real live patient who has seen him. You have a choice as a patient who you see. If I can help even one person that reads this to not be subjected to what I was subject to then I'm greatful.

|  Don't wait...just do it (carpal tunnel syndrome)  |  show details
by Eva on Sep 5th, 2013

I was in a rush to get this procedure done (both hands at the same time! :0 ) because I was changing jobs and had only 6wks left for the surgery plus recovery time. His staff was very accommodating in pushing through my initial appt and scheduling the surgery asap. If you are the kind of person like me who just wants the doc to get to the point with facts, no candy coating, and you don't need warm and fuzzy holding my hand and telling me everything will be just fine, then I recommend Dr. Vella. It's been 6 months since the surgery and I would say I'm about 98% back to normal. The very small scars look like the lines on my palm, barely noticeable, especially if you didn't know I had the surgery. I'm so glad I had the procedure done and I don't understand why the people I know who are suffering won't do it.

|  wooorst doctor i have met......  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2013

he was rude and his pa did all the work. this guy was so full of crap it was a true nightmare.. never again wish i could get my co pay back....

|  Great Surgeon  |  show details
by Kathy D on May 14th, 2013

Dr Vella and the entire staff at TOCA Mesa were incredible. Front Desk, Physical Therapist, PA and his nurse. Super! I was given options with full details. My surgery was quick and easy. Physical Therapy was fantastic. I was not very impressed with the Phoenix office staff...Mesa is much better!

|  show details
Jul 28th, 2012

DR VELLA AND HIS ENTIRE TEAM WERE FANTASTIC........

|  Beware of this Doctor  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

My experience was awful with this Doctor-he made my problem much worse then when cornered about what he was going to do to fix it he had a fit. Very unprofessional and rude - by the way I still am trying to fix the mess he made of my hand!! Really not sure why he did this to me and want to warn people before they see him - DONT LET HIM WORK ON YOU IF HE MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE AT CONSULTATION - FIND SOMEONE ELSE!!! I wish I would have and maybe I wouldnt be looking at loss of my hand and obvious disfigurment because of him. I think the positive posts on here are him!!!

|  show details
May 24th, 2012

Dr Vella has outstanding knoweldge in providing a proper diagnosis. I opted to have surgery for carpal tunnel release and tendon lesion extraction. Three days post op I started having burning / electric pains in my hand and arm. The swelling and pain to date has not subsided. Continuity of aftercare was/is non existant.

|  Great experience  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

Dr Vella and the staff were all great. He is very good at what he does and thorough!!! I would trust him anytime!

|  BEST WRIST SURGEON IN THE BIZ  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

I had a broken scaphoid for 6 months and eventually decided to take care of it after the continuing pain become unbearable. I originally had an appointment with another wrist doctor and had a not so great experience to say the least. After waiting LESS THAN 5 MINUTES for DR. Vella, I knew I had made a great choice in switching. He immediately explained to me the details of my ailment in a cool, calm and understanding manner. He was extremely sincere and continued to ask if I had any questions regarding the content he was presenting. After the quick surgery, I had an extremely fast recovery and now 3 months out from surgery my wrist is already twice as strong as it was prior to receiving care. I can't explain how great it can feel to find truly quality healthcare. If you need wrist surgery, look no further. Vella is the best.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
May 19th, 2010

I brought my child in for a complicated injury to her hand. He was able to put my child at ease with his caring and thoughtful demeanor. I have referred my friends and other family members and all of them had a great experience with Dr. Vella