inactive

Overall Review

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

August 11th, 2016
Trying to make an appointment
I called Dr. Mays office to make an appointment with him. I was told when their was availability. I was then asked by the person on the phone -- I presume a clerical staff person -- if I had previously seen a psychiatrist -- a question I did not mind answering. But I was then flabbergasted, actually shocked, to have her ask me my previous diagnosis and to name all medications I was taking. I am perfectly prepared to provide this information to the doctor, or even on forms I might fill out in the office, but to be asked for this information over the phone by a complete stranger and again someone I believe to be a simple office staff person was outrageous -- especially when I was told I could not make an appointment without providing this information. Isn't this a violation of HIPPA?