Dr. Joshua Gold MD, PHD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

January 21st, 2015
Dr. Gold is one of a kind. Thank goodness doctors like him still exist.
I only wish there were more doctors like him.

November 4th, 2012
Highly recommended
Dr. Gold is one of the best doctors I have seen. He has a very genuine and caring bedside manner, listens carefully to what I have to say and what my concerns are, and I never feel like I'm being rushed in and out. He calls me personally to go over all lab results in a timely manner, even normal results. Any time I have called the office with a medical concern, he has returned my call promptly, even sometimes after hours if I called late. He is extremely knowledgable. Lastly, part of being a really good doctor is knowing when to refer a patient to another specialist if something is not within that doctor's expertise. Dr. Gold has referred me to some of the best specialists I've seen for my specific needs, and he always follows up with them. The office staff is sometimes a little less knowledgable than I'd like when I call, but that's really no big deal to me, because Dr. Gold is always the one who returns my call later.

October 4th, 2012
Good bedside manner, terrible customer service.
Dr. Gold's office is run by his wife, Barbara. When I called in to get an appointment, she was eager to get me in the next day, which was a nice surprise. I don't think they have very many patients, which can either be a pro or con. When I arrived, I had a rather long wait because he and his wife go get coffee in the afternoon, every day. I thought this was actually fairly sentimental, and did not mind the wait. The office itself is outdated and the equipment looks ancient, so I was fairly trepidatious about my visit (allergies). He did a very thorough exam, answered all my questions, and then we had a long session in his office about my care. Overall, I was very pleased with his bedside manner. Fast forward 18 months, and I called to get a refill on my allergy medication. Barbara answered, and I was reprimanded (!) on the phone for not having come in for a follow-up appointment. She said in a very accusatory tone that I "must" be seeing another doctor, and that according to their office "policies", I'm no longer considered an active patient. Then she hung up the phone on me. I could scarcely believe how unprofessional and rude she was. Well, I'm definitely going to be an "active" patient somewhere else then. I will not be back, under any conditions.

March 31st, 2011
Excellent experience and I'm very happy to have him in charge of my healthcare.

March 17th, 2010
patient
awful! Do not waste your time or money on this doctor.

February 28th, 2010
long_time_patient
Dr. Gold is great. Very friendly and knowledgable. Not sure what the other reviewer here is talking about.

February 23rd, 2010
former patient
The only good thing about visiting this doctor is the short wait time. However, it is clear why there are so few patients in queue. The office has out ...

February 2nd, 2010
Very unprofessional. Spent the entire appointment talking about the politics of the pending health care legislation. Made it acutely obvious that he is a Republican, and offered snide, disparaging comments about anyone whose views differ from his own. Also had portraits of George Bush (Jr and Sr) and Ronald Reagan sitting in his office in plain view. No matter what one's political views are - Democrat or Republican - a patient shouldn't be put in that sort of awkward position. Politics are best left at the doctor's door. Needless to say, I won't be going back to Dr. Gold.

April 25th, 2017