Family Physicians
360 S Garden Way
Ste 101
Eugene, OR 97401
541-684-9451
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

|  PA  |  show details
by Jenny on Sep 4th, 2014

This was the most horroble experience, Dr. Haber was condesending, rude and smug. He lacked compassion and was incredibilly disrespectful we will NEVER see him again

|  I take it back  |  show details
by Leigh on Jan 30th, 2014

Clearly, I spoke too soon when I posted the below review. In September, everything went sideways. Without going into detail, all the reviews you read about Dr Haber are absolutely accurate. The lack of awareness of pain, and how to care for a patient in pain, is astounding. My life went from normal to highly stressed the more I dealt with him and his staff. Dr Haber conducts monologues, and the only way to get a question in, is to speak over him and hope he can talk and listen at the same time. Interestingly, if you read his reports, it will say that all your questions were asked and answered, even if you never said a word. Suggestion: get your reports, and request they include the doctor's notes. I found several errors and later, while reading through a copy of the doctor's notes, discovered decisions had been made without informing me. If I had known in September that he was no longer treating me, the following 4 months of battling with his staff would never have happened - but I was the last to know. Reading through the notes, there appears to be not a whit of self-awareness that might result in someone asking: why is this patient so distressed? Instead, that distress is passed off as the patient being "difficult". It has nothing to do with the stonewalling, misinformation, and contradictory communication coming from the office and the doctor. The level of stress that was caused by this doctor is not something anyone in pain should ever have to go through - being in pain is bad enough. A horrible experience. (On the plus side, the young woman who would check me in at appointments is a sweetheart - and at one appointment, told me, in a very surprised voice, that I was really very nice! Having read the notes, I now know why she was surprised when actually dealing with me in a friendly and respectful manner. If only more of her colleagues were like that.)

|  A true specialist  |  show details
by Leigh on Aug 5th, 2013

If you're looking for warm and fuzzy and a gentle pat on the head, head to a pediatrician. Dr Haber is all business: he wants to get the facts and diagnose the problem, and won't waste time with the non-relevant stuff. As long as you remember that, you get the benefit of his experience, his willingness to collaborate with other health care providers, and an "out-of-the-box" approach to dealing with your pain in the most efficient and effective way. And that's really the point, isn't it? He's certainly won my respect.

|  Good doctor  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2013

Good doctor, took time I listen and talk to me. He is helping me get back on track. Waited an Hour and a half, only downfall.

|  Worst experience with a doctor EVER and $400 for a urine test! Please read.  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2013

I have to preface this by saying I have never left a negative review of a doctor online; however, I feel something must be said in order to forewarn others who may be considering this particular doctor. I also want to say in advance I cannot speak for all doctors in his practice as I have had no experience with them. Nonetheless, I will never go back to this practice because of this doctor. I will try my best to summarize but want to provide as many details as possible. *Please read my entire review*. My experience with Dr. M. Joshua Haber: I first came to Dr. Haber to find alternative ways to manage my pain from fibromyalgia, lupus and degenerative disc disease. I have had many doctors and have never experienced such a rude one, which immediately caught me off guard and made me feel very inferior. I am knowledgable in the medical field, yet he spoke down to me like I was a child. He spoke over me, barely listened and obviously wanted to be done quickly. He would only speak with me about my fibromyalgia saying if I wanted to discuss my back pain, I would have to make another "consultation appointment". Huh? I thought I was seeing a pain management doctor to manage my entire body pain... My main objective was to find ways to manage my pain that did not include narcotics or anything that would make me drowsy during the day. I was hoping for a different approach that did not include additional meds. He prescribed Methadone, which is an OPIATE! I had no prior knowledge of this drug but figured I would take the prescription and research it at home since he did not provide me with enough information. In order to be prescribed this drug, you must first take a urine test to make sure you have no drugs in your system (of course I did not). Well, they do not tell you that this test costs $400! Let me be clear--four HUNDRED dollars. I just received a surprise bill for $83, the portion that my insurance did not cover. This was in addition to my co-pay I had already paid the day of. I filled the prescription and took one dose. Remember I said I did not want a narcotic. This drug was awful and downright scary. My heart raced and I hallucinated. Thank the Lord I took it at night vs. how he prescribed it (twice a day). I called the office, told them of my reaction and they told me to stop taking it. I also canceled the future appt with Dr. Haber (which was strictly to take another urine test) as I did not care for him (I told them that). I made an appt. to see another doctor. I immediately called the billing office regarding this ridiculous charge and I was argued with by the supervisor saying I signed a consent for the urine test. I said if I would have known this test would have cost $400, I would never have even taken that prescription with me. They will not waive these charges but instead are mailing me a "hardship form" and a "grievance form" (the latter I assume they have to provide to patients often). So now, I am no further along in my pain management and have a bill for $83 for a urine test. Just thinking about this affected my sleep last night and is causing me undue stress. Please remember this review when making your appointment. I will do whatever I can to let people know about my experience. Please pass this information along! Thank you for reading and God bless!

|  just dont  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2013

I read reviews before seeing this dr. And didn't listen. If you want an unforgetable experience please go ahead with your appt but you have been warned. Wish I would have listened and changed drs.

|  DISASTEROUS  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2012

THIS DR. WAS A REAL DISAPPOINTMENT. HE ACTED LIKE HE WAS MAD ABOUT SOMETHING. SHOWED NO INTEREST IN MY PAIN PROBLEM. OFFERED SOME HELP WITH SHOULDER PROBLEM. THEN NO OFFER'S OF HELP IN MY FIBROMIAGIA. WHICH I'VE HAD FOR OVER 46 YEARS.ACTED LIKE I WAS A PAIN IN THE REAR. SENDING ME AWAY LIKE A PIECE OF TRASH.I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS FOR YEARS IN GETTING HELP, BUT THIS GUY WAS WORSE THE ANY OTHERS. I HAD SUCH HIGH HOPES OF GETTING HELP AND THIS VISIT WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME THEN ANYONE I'VE EVER HAD BEFORE

|  show details
by Long suffering,pro-active patient on Sep 10th, 2008

I was referred to Pain Consultants of Oregon in Eugene by the Neuro-Spine Center to discuss options to chronic pain relief from Sciolosis. I was scheduled to see Dr.M. Joshua Haber on 8/1/08. Is this the same Doctor? The man I saw was abrupt and interrupted me when I asked questions related to my case. It also didn't appear that He reviewed my fine along with the 14 page questionaire I filled out before my appointment. I don't feel that I received quality care and I am now persuing other options. That you for the opportunity to review this important issue.