2.4

February 2nd, 2017
Dr Marquis De Sade
This man does not deserve the title of doctor. I don't know how he gets away with it. He is rude and dismissive and sadistic. He refuses to listen to the patient even though he writes and his report that he has listened and answered all questions. I was scheduled to come in for a pain shot 4 something he had worked on before and had complete success. His PA had arranged for me to get a shot instead of an exam. Instead I got an exam and meanest and no pain relief. He could so easily have helped me instead I suffered four weeks more before I finally had back surgery. They have closed the clinic I imagine because of this horrible person. I hope patients and doctors see this and other reviews and don't know him to see patients anymore. He is most cruel.

July 28th, 2016
Very nice experience seeing a doctor
We are new to Eugene and I searched the internet to find a doctor to help me with the pain in my hips and numbness in my legs when walking. The reception was very nice, the nurse was very nice and the doctor took his time reading my history and then examining me. He was very knowledgeable and gave me a very thorough exam and also took time to explain to me what it was that he thought was my problem. I thought his exam was excellent and very professional. He set me up for physical therapy and explained that what I had was not as severe as I thought it might be and explained why it was not. He is direct in his approach and that is fine. He also took the time to answer my questions. I thought he and his staff were very nice and exceptionally professional in all respects. I would recommend them very highly.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback Carolyn! I hope our future visits will yield positive results and am honored to be able to help you on your journey to better health and improved quality of life.

July 21st, 2016
He walked it and stated that he was running late so I needed to answer his questions with yes or no . Then it was rapid fire questions most of which had more than yes or no answers which I got the look each time I tried to answer him . Then he stated that unless I had cancer I did not need pain pills.. 4 back surgeries because the Dr. Screwed me up,no I have a hump on my back and nerve pain along with my bones twisting my fingers backwards.
Doctor's Response

I regret to hear that you were unhappy with your visit. Due to the anonymity of your review and patient privacy laws, I am unable to comment on your complaint. I would, however, appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you and encourage you to submit your comments though our website/contact us/grievance and feedback form.

September 4th, 2014
PA
This was the most horroble experience, Dr. Haber was condesending, rude and smug. He lacked compassion and was incredibilly disrespectful we will NEVER see him again

August 5th, 2013
A true specialist
If you're looking for warm and fuzzy and a gentle pat on the head, head to a pediatrician. Dr Haber is all business: he wants to get the facts and diagnose the problem, and won't waste time with the non-relevant stuff. As long as you remember that, you get the benefit of his experience, his willingness to collaborate with other health care providers, and an "out-of-the-box" approach to dealing with your pain in the most efficient and effective way. And that's really the point, isn't it? He's certainly won my respect.

April 29th, 2013
Good doctor
Good doctor, took time I listen and talk to me. He is helping me get back on track. Waited an Hour and a half, only downfall.

February 26th, 2013
Worst experience with a doctor EVER and $400 for a urine test! Please read.
I have to preface this by saying I have never left a negative review of a doctor online; however, I feel something must be said in order to forewarn others who may be considering this particular doctor. I also want to say in advance I cannot speak for all doctors in his practice as I have had no experience with them. Nonetheless, I will never go back to this practice because of this doctor. I will try my best to summarize but want to provide as many details as possible. *Please read my entire review*. My experience with Dr. M. Joshua Haber: I first came to Dr. Haber to find alternative ways to manage my pain from fibromyalgia, lupus and degenerative disc disease. I have had many doctors and have never experienced such a rude one, which immediately caught me off guard and made me feel very inferior. I am knowledgable in the medical field, yet he spoke down to me like I was a child. He spoke over me, barely listened and obviously wanted to be done quickly. He would only speak with me about my fibromyalgia saying if I wanted to discuss my back pain, I would have to make another "consultation appointment". Huh? I thought I was seeing a pain management doctor to manage my entire body pain... My main objective was to find ways to manage my pain that did not include narcotics or anything that would make me drowsy during the day. I was hoping for a different approach that did not include additional meds. He prescribed Methadone, which is an OPIATE! I had no prior knowledge of this drug but figured I would take the prescription and research it at home since he did not provide me with enough information. In order to be prescribed this drug, you must first take a urine test to make sure you have no drugs in your system (of course I did not). Well, they do not tell you that this test costs $400! Let me be clear--four HUNDRED dollars. I just received a surprise bill for $83, the portion that my insurance did not cover. This was in addition to my co-pay I had already paid the day of. I filled the prescription and took one dose. Remember I said I did not want a narcotic. This drug was awful and downright scary. My heart raced and I hallucinated. Thank the Lord I took it at night vs. how he prescribed it (twice a day). I called the office, told them of my reaction and they told me to stop taking it. I also canceled the future appt with Dr. Haber (which was strictly to take another urine test) as I did not care for him (I told them that). I made an appt. to see another doctor. I immediately called the billing office regarding this ridiculous charge and I was argued with by the supervisor saying I signed a consent for the urine test. I said if I would have known this test would have cost $400, I would never have even taken that prescription with me. They will not waive these charges but instead are mailing me a "hardship form" and a "grievance form" (the latter I assume they have to provide to patients often). So now, I am no further along in my pain management and have a bill for $83 for a urine test. Just thinking about this affected my sleep last night and is causing me undue stress. Please remember this review when making your appointment. I will do whatever I can to let people know about my experience. Please pass this information along! Thank you for reading and God bless!

February 21st, 2013
just dont
I read reviews before seeing this dr. And didn't listen. If you want an unforgetable experience please go ahead with your appt but you have been warned. Wish I would have listened and changed drs.

February 14th, 2012
DISASTEROUS
THIS DR. WAS A REAL DISAPPOINTMENT. HE ACTED LIKE HE WAS MAD ABOUT SOMETHING. SHOWED NO INTEREST IN MY PAIN PROBLEM. OFFERED SOME HELP WITH SHOULDER PROBLEM. THEN NO OFFER'S OF HELP IN MY FIBROMIAGIA. WHICH I'VE HAD FOR OVER 46 YEARS.ACTED LIKE I WAS A PAIN IN THE REAR. SENDING ME AWAY LIKE A PIECE OF TRASH.I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS FOR YEARS IN GETTING HELP, BUT THIS GUY WAS WORSE THE ANY OTHERS. I HAD SUCH HIGH HOPES OF GETTING HELP AND THIS VISIT WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME THEN ANYONE I'VE EVER HAD BEFORE