Dr. Joshua Hurwitz, MD
Reproductive Endocrinologist & Infertility Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
by Nina & Jim on Nov 2nd, 2015

Dr. Hurwitz and his staff are the most amazing people we have ever encountered. They gave us hope and never allowed us to be negative, whatever we needed whenever we needed it the staff did their best so we would never stress. There is no doctor who could compare. Leaving the practice was the most emotional day because I wanted so much to continue this journey with Dr. Hurwitz and his staff.

Excellent bedside manner show details Excellent bedside manner
Oct 30th, 2015

Dr. Hire it was incredible!! He did my egg retrieval and made me feel so comfortable despite my nervousness. I highly recommend him and RMA

Jul 29th, 2015

Dr Hurwitz is an incredible doctor. He takes time with his patients to explain everything and he is very thorough. He is very comforting with bad news and joyous with good news. The care we received at RMA was outstanding. I had another fertility doctor in Florida - I can't believe the difference between them. So happy we found him!

Wonderful Doctor, wonderful experience! show details Wonderful Doctor, wonderful experience!
by Sarah K. on Apr 19th, 2015 on doctor.com

Dr. Hurwitz was recommended to me when I needed to seek fertility treatment. In that time, Dr. Hurwitz was always informative and professional with me ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
by Christine C on Nov 5th, 2014

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for many years and had the misfortune of seeking help from another RE who made us doubt our chances of conception. I was depressed for years and felt hopeless until I heard about RMA-CT. Turns out, I suffer from PCOS and I never knew how to manage my symptoms until I was under the care of Dr. Hurwitz. He took the time to educate us on my condition and provided us with a care plan that would increase our chances of a successful IVF outcome. His whole team was cordial and helpful and showed genuine concern/interest in our journey. They never made us feel like we were asking too many questions and they would often reach out via phone or email to check in and follow up. Due to my insulin resistance, their nutritionist really got involved and gave me the tools I needed to improve my metabolic levels, which had to be managed before we started the IVF process. In a short time, my levels were normal and Dr. Hurwitz gave us the green light. As stressful as IVF can be, the doctor and his team made it easy on us by providing detailed instructions and unlimited support. We lived 2.5 hours away from his practice but it was all worth it. I'm happy to announce that we are 12wks pregnant and expecting twins....7 years in the making and our dreams have finally come true. My husband and I highly recommend and wholeheartedly suggest that anyone with infertility issues to seek the services of RMA-CT. Their care was nothing short of a blessing and I am forever grateful for their assistance.

by Kara T. on Nov 4th, 2014

Dr. Hurwitz is an amazing doctor. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking fertility help.

Honest and meticulous - I would definitely recommend him to anyone show details Honest and meticulous - I would definitely recommend him to anyone
by Sherry C on Oct 8th, 2014

My husband and I were with another practice for a few years with no result. We finally decided to switch to RMA and never looked back. The staff are professional, friendly, and caring. We did IVF through RMA and monitored me very closely and adjust the medication accordingly. The doctor personally called me to gave me updates on my embryo growth and checked to see how I was feeling. He also was careful in monitoring if my lining and hormone level were good for implantation. It was disappointing not able to do the procedure right away, but I rather do it right. Although my first implant wasn't successful but it was another doctor that did the procedure. For my second time, I insisted on having Dr. Hurwtiz. You supposed to have a full bladder for IVF so they can find the "sweet spot" to implant the embryo. Dr. Hurwitz was very meticulous and careful in finding the "sweet spot", he made me go to the bathroom 5 times before finally found the spot he thought was perfect. We successfully conceived the 2nd time and I know it's because of Dr. Hurwitz's skill and knowledge as well as his thoroughness. I was sad to leave the practice after 9 weeks, but are looking forward to finally becoming a parent after many years of trying!

great experience show details great experience
by any k on Sep 30th, 2014

is right on top of ordering labs and prescriptions and is very professional and extremely knowledgeable in his field of treatment of patients . The check in staff is very prompt and friendly. The nurses are attentive and, for the most part, come across as being interested in my history and doing taking note of my vital signs. However, the nurse doesn't always follow through with accuracy and promptness with information provided to my mail order pharmacy. Thank you

by Kelly M. on Sep 7th, 2014

Words cannot express they way we were treated at RMA. Dr. Hurwitz is the most warm, friendly, and caring physician that I have ever had. He takes the time to explain to you everything and answers all your questions. You can count on Dr. Hurwitz and his staff to get you through some of the toughest times. I am forever grateful to Dr. Hurwitz who made our dreams a reality.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Megan C. on May 5th, 2014

My husband and I highly recommend Dr. Hurwitz. We will be forever grateful to him and the whole staff at RMA for helping us achieve our dreams of starting a family. He was so knowledgeable and really showed us that he cared. Several times he called to check in on me and see how I was feeling. He is a great doctor!

Would recommend 100% show details Would recommend 100%
by Karin Mele on Mar 28th, 2014

Dr. Hurwitz and the staff at RMA were awesome. They communicated very well and I felt very well taken care of. I was given lots of good information which enabled me to make good decisions on my next steps. The most important thing is that they made our family a reality. It was done with care, compassion and a dose of laughter.

Thank you RMA show details Thank you RMA
Jul 24th, 2013

Dr. Hurwitz and his staff are exceptional. I appreciate the emotional investment the team made in me and my journey. I would recommend RMA and any of their REs to anyone beginning the fertility journey.

Great Practice!! show details Great Practice!!
by Amorette Intervallo-Rice on Jul 10th, 2013

This entire practice was wonderful from the doctors to the nurses to the patient coordinators, to the secretaries...everyone was just great! Each doctor there really knows their discipline. Dr. Hurwitz was our primary doctor and spent plenty of time with my husband and myself explaining things in great detail, answering questions, and being completely honest and upfront whether the news was good or bad. He has a great bedside manner and is the reason we are now pregnant. We are so thankful and appreciative! We highly recommend RMACT. We really loved the Norwalk office staff but they have other convenient locations in CT and NY too.

EXCELLENT DOCTOR - HIGHLY RECOMMEND show details EXCELLENT DOCTOR - HIGHLY RECOMMEND
by rbk on Feb 25th, 2013

We are so grateful to Dr. Hurwitz and RMACT in general. They take the best care possible of each patient fertility issues. We had been going to other center for over a year, and wished we had learned of RMA and Dr. Hurwitz earlier. Pregnant with twins, all thanks to them! Getting appointments at first is not the easiest at RMA, but once you start your treatment/consultations, it's easier, and they never (ever!) make you wait more than 1 minute. Dr. Hurwitz will spend the neccessary time explaining you your issues, tests results, options and such, specially at first, while you have to determine your treatment. Once you start treatment, sometimes he may not have so much time; sometimes you may get some other doctor from RMA to see you that day (keep in mind that IVF treatment implies LOTS of visits, tests, follow up...); I was unsure about having at times other doctors to see me, but I have to say they are all excellent, and whenever possible and whenever I requested it, I would get Dr. Hurwitz to see me. If by chance he would not have all the time to answer my questions in one of your visits during my IVF, I could always get him on the phone later on. Highly recommend him!

best doctor I had show details best doctor I had
Dec 3rd, 2012

I have never felt more safe in any doctor's hands like his. He always explained all our options very clearly and made us feel comfortable. He had been a wonderful guide and led us to pregnancy. he is simply AWESOME!

Excellent show details Excellent
Oct 15th, 2012

He is kind, compassionate and a good listener. He stays positive and always made us feel at ease. I would recommend this Dr. and this office to anyone struggling with fertility issues.

Aug 2nd, 2012

Dr. Hurwitz and the Staff at RMA are AMAZING! Great attention to detail, care and compassion. They took as much time as needed to help and answer questions. He took the time to ease our concerns and answer all our questions. We are so happy that we found RMA.

Needs more experience and better bedside manners show details Needs more experience and better bedside manners
Jul 11th, 2012

He plays up the doctor role, which can be annoyingly condescending. You never know what mood you get with him....sometimes seems harassed and in a hurry....consequently doesn't do a thorough examination. Other times he is chatty and warm. Also says inappropriate things in an attempt to be funny. Probably a nice guy...certainly ambitious, but clearly lacks experience and overcompensates in irritating ways.

Jun 5th, 2012

Dr Hurwitz and all the staff at Reproductive Medical Associates were a blessing. They are knowledgeable and compassionate. I felt like part of the family from day one. I am now pregnant with my second child thanks to Dr Hurwitz and his staff. They go above and beyond to make miracles happen.

Sensitive and Caring show details Sensitive and Caring
Apr 6th, 2012

Dr. Hurwitz is such a kind, compassionate and caring doctor. He takes the time to answer all of your questions in great detail, all the while lifting your spirits. His practice treats the whole patient and is such a wonderful and well-run practice I believe all other medical practices should emulate RMA of CT. Dr. Hurwitz changes lives and helps couples create the family they so desperately were hoping for.

unprofessional and insulting show details unprofessional and insulting
Jan 14th, 2012

Doctor Hurwitz was wrong about my diagnosis and insulted me. Before he even examined me he said, "You just have big stubborn ovaries that don't want to ovulate.". Before examining me he discussed drugs like clomid and metformin. A second opinion revealed male factor infertility and regular ovulation. His record indicated that we had been trying to conceive for over 1 year. We had only been trying for 3 months which is what we told him and wrote it on our new patient forms. He clearly was not listening and hadn't read the information, or had a reason for lying (insurance won't pay for IVF or IUI unless your tried to conceive for 12 months when you're younger than 35). I recommend looking elsewhere for doctor who will listen and treat you with respect. Dr Hurwitz was in a big hurry to falsify medical records and slap a diagnosis on a patient so that he could begin expensive assisted reproductive techniques.

cannot say enough thanks show details cannot say enough thanks
Oct 15th, 2011

Cannot say enough thanks to RMACT.All doctors are great! Dr. Hurwitz is nice, polite, professional and very smart.RMACT is the best fertility center all around!

Sep 22nd, 2011

Dr. Hurwitz, all of the doctors, nurses and the entire staff at RMA have all been extremely professional, caring, and supportive during a long journey that has come to a very successful end. I am greatful for everything they have done for us!

Dr. Hurwitz was wonderful. show details Dr. Hurwitz was wonderful.
Aug 23rd, 2011

Dr. Hurwitz and his staff at RMA (we were for the most part in the Danbury office) are wonderful and caring. My husband and I would recommend them to anyone looking!

Jul 19th, 2011

Dr. Hurwitz and all of his staff are amazing people they were all very attentive, caring and supportive. Dr. Hurwitz has a great bedside manner,extremely knowledgeable and will educate you every step of the way, called after procedures I can go on and on. My nurse Joselyn was very knowledgable and extremely helpful with any questions or worries that I had and would get back to me quickly. I will be forever greatful to Dr. Hurwitz, Joselyn, cary and staff they have kept me grounded and strong even at times were I was ready to give up after going through so many procedures to correct my issues. In the end I was blessed to have conceived and they were genuinely happy for us which made the news even more special. I Highly recommend that you make an appt you will not be disappointed it will be the best decision you make.

Jul 17th, 2011

Dr Hurwitz is very caring. Would call before and/or after significant proceedures just to encourage and provide support. All the staff at RMA showed compassion and concern. From the staff at the front desk to the doctors I was greated pleasantly. They educated me at every turn. They alos out my husband at ease

BEST DOCTOR show details BEST DOCTOR
Jul 11th, 2011

My husband and i had a great experience with Dr. Hurwitz and the entire RMA staff.The support was incredible.Thank you all.

Apr 13th, 2011

Dr. Hurwitz is fantastic! He cares...an excellent doctor!

Mar 23rd, 2011

I found Dr. Hurwitz to be very knowledgeable. He always made me feel as if any question I had was important and worth his time to answer in detail. His positive energy and attitude is so helpful when going through a process that, at times, can be very disappointing and discouraging.

Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Hurwitz came highly recommended by my Primary Doctor and that is exactly what I came to find. Dr. Hurwitz was very knowledgeable, supportive and caring. I would highly recommend him as well as the entire team at RMA - CT.

Husband show details Husband
Dec 20th, 2010

I don't know how a doctor could tell a woman she has a 1% of getting pregnant before trying any treatment at all.After my wife had one day surgery no one from his office called at all,it was three weeks before someone contacted us about our next visit and they never asked how she was.Our new doctor just shook just shook his head about the treatment and the waste of drugs this pumped into her for the sake of doing something.Men i am calling out to you on this one,do not take your wife to this place unless you want to see her cry for weeks.Go to someone older and who knows what bedside manner is.

Thank you, thank you, thank you... show details Thank you, thank you, thank you...
by Jessica on Dec 13th, 2009

My husband and I loved our experience with Dr. Hurwitz. We tried IVF with another doctor first and it was not successful and not a good experience. We came to see Dr. Hurwitz and we felt like he understood us and our infertility situation within the first 10 minutes of meeting him. He had the best personality and made us feel very comfortable from the start. He gave us hope, but was always realistic and a straight shooter, very comforting and supportive the entire time. We would recommend him to anyone and I already have.

Caring, Patient, Wonderful Doctor show details Caring, Patient, Wonderful Doctor
by Kelly Lackner on Nov 2nd, 2009

I've known Dr. Hurwitz since 2006, when I first became a patient at RMA. He is an amazing doctor - aside from his obvious intelligence, he makes his patients feel incredibly comfortable with his warm personality and caring bedside manner. I would recommend Dr. Hurwitz to every family seeking reproductive assistance; you would be in excellent hands. I consider Dr. Hurwitz and his fellow doctors at RMA to be part of my family, since they were all so incredibly wonderful to me during my fertility journey, and don't think you could find better doctors in all of CT.

The best there is show details The best there is
by Vetri Gurusamy on Oct 21st, 2009

My wife underwent a surgery for fibroids and he did a thorough and wonderful job. Extremely knowledgeable and has a positive outlook on things. Was surprised when he came out to waiting area to greet us. When my wife had surgery, he took care of her like an angel. God bless this soul !!!

Oct 5th, 2009

I would definitely recommend dr hurwitz. I know many people who have gone to him and had great success. He truly cares about his patients. Calls you personally to discuss tests, plans, results. Dr Hurwitz has such a positive attitude. Always encouraging, but not with false hope.You will see all the docs in the practice...that's just how it is. All of them are nice, but hurwitz is definitely most peoples favorite.

Excellent professionalism and customer satisfaction show details Excellent professionalism and customer satisfaction
by RL on Jul 8th, 2009

Dr. Joshua Hurwitz it is an excellent not only professional but also a very human and kind person. I was referred by a physician and I received a very personalized treatment based on my clinical history. I had a successful pregnancy and I couldnt be happier! I highly recommend Dr Joshua Hurwitz for any fertility treatment. Thank you very much Dr Joshua Hurwitz !!!