Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist, Sports Medicine Specialist
Video profile

very pleased show details very pleased
Jun 11th, 2013

Dr Johnston was very pleasant the first time we met. i went to him seeking a second opinion for the need of hip surgery (torn labrum). he advised that i did in fact need surgery and explained why as well as the pros/cons. i already had a vacation out of the country scheduled and told him i would be in touch upon my return. the second appointment i came prepared with a list of questions and he took the time to answer them all. i didn't write down enough detail though and had questions when i got home. when i called the office asking my questions to the nurse i was surprised that she connected me to Dr Johnston for him to answer my questions directly. the day of surgery he was very pleasant. he listened to my request for a specific pain medication and granted my request. he told me he would contact me over the weekend to check in on me (surgery was friday) and he was true to his word. i don't remember coming out of surgery or the rest of that night so i can't tell you if he came to check on me in recovery. at my initial post op appt he was very nice. examined my films as well as my incisions and informed me of my progress. he jokingly chided me for not using my crutches and explained the importance of taking it easy and not overdoing it. i still haven't used them, but he didn't make me feel as though i were being chastised - rather just concerned. i go back to see him for my 1 month post op in a couple of days but i don't anticipate any issues or problems. overall i'm very pleased with my surgery and experience. would recommend this dr!

prejudice against fat people show details prejudice against fat people
Mar 27th, 2013

He constantly talked down to me and repeatedly told me how he wouldn't fix my knee cause I'm big and heavy and then didn't even acknowledge my mother and child when he came in the room and was making it VERY obvious that he thought I was completely stupid and unable to comprehend what he was saying. The first time I saw him he did a cynviscus injection in my knee and when I started crying because it hurt so bad he then implied that I am weak and over reacting and belittled me for showing pain. Horrible horrible man.

He could fix Humpty Dumpty show details He could fix Humpty Dumpty
Jul 24th, 2012

He fixed my gnarled knee. This man is awesome.

something's off show details something's off
Sep 3rd, 2011

good staff, nice office. he seems nice enough, but can't shake the feeling he looks down on me. a bit uncomfortable conversation.

RACIST. show details RACIST.
by Asian American from Tacoma, WA on Jun 7th, 2011

Dr. Joshua Johnston is a rude, racist, pig.He is nice to white patients, being white himself. This was witnessed by my husband (who happens to be white) when I went to see this doctor.Don't be fooled by his 'politeness'. He said: "All you asians look the same- short and slit-eyed."

May 26th, 2011

Dr. Johnston is a wonderful doctor. He did a medial meniscus repair for me and eased my fears, was very easy to talk to and took time to answer all my questions.