Dr. Joshua King MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 27th, 2016
Amazing Doctor!
I was recently referred to Dr. King by my dermatologist for treatment of melanoma. He is a very warm, caring surgeon who spent the time to educate me, and keep me calm. The planned surgery went perfectly. His office is efficient and the staff are wonderful. I recommend Dr. King and think he is awesome!

August 16th, 2015
Highly Recommend
I am a weight loss patient who needed body contouring surgery. Dr. King's name came up again and again at my support group meetings. After my first consultation with him I knew he was the surgeon for me. He is knowledgeable, professional, kind and was very caring at every step of the way. Going into my surgery I had very real expectations and the results exceeded them. My breasts and tummy look awesome. He and his office staff worked very hard to get my panniculectomy covered by insurance for which I am so grateful. I will be sending him more patients for sure.

February 3rd, 2015
Did not get what I paid for, and he won't explain why!
I had a breast reduction and tummy tuck with Dr. King. My breast reduction was covered by insurance, and I paid for my TT. Due to the amount of weight I had lost, Dr. King recommended a fleur de lis TT. With my breast reduction, Dr. King left me with uneven areola's by 1 cm in each direction, and I am still wearing a size DD and DDD bra. The work on my left breast at least, is nothing for him to be proud of, and I am quite sure no one will see these pictures in his before and after book! Also, he did not perform a fleur de lis TT, but instead my incision only goes about an inch and 1/2 higher than my belly button, resulting in muffin top, which considering the amount of money I paid for a TT, is quite disturbing. I have tried to go back to discuss this with Dr. King but he discards the aerola differences as insignificant, and becomes very defensive when I asked him about this. I feel as though I did not get what I paid for, or at least deserve an explanation as to why he did not perform the surgery he recommended and I paid for, as I am sure there is a difference in the cost between a regular TT and the fleur de lis TT. I do have a lap band, which he was aware of, and he said he could "work around", not "work up to", which is what appears to be the case. He is very pleasant as long as you "follow him", but as soon as you question him he becomes very arrogant and defensive. As far as follow-ups go, at my one month visit Dr. King actually told me that we "were done", unless I had something to show him, which seems quite unusual for such a large surgical procedure.

January 27th, 2015
I had a bad accident with a dog which left me with a huge open wound on my upper lip. Dr. King had never met me but he was on call for the ER at St. Peter's on the Fourth of July. Within an hour-an hour and half, he was there. He stitched up my lip and in a 2 weeks no one could ever tell I had the accident. In follow ups, Dr. King sat with me and explained the healing process and made sure I understood what to do to give me the best results. I am utterly grateful that by chance, he was the plastic on call because I don't know if this situation could've been any better than the result I had! His staff was very friendly and warm. It was such a comfort to walk into an office that didn't treat you like a number, but an actual patient. Thank you to Dr. king and his staff!

April 27th, 2011
Awesome!
He was incredibly nice and very helpful. He let me know of all my options and I could tell he really spent time thinking about what I wanted. I would definitely recommend him!

June 3rd, 2010
Unpleasant experience
I would not recommend Dr. King based on several appointments with him. He appears to allow his "mood" to drive his willingness to treat. There is very little comfort that I received with him when I saw him when his partner, my regular doctor, was not available. I would consider the words abrupt and arrogant. Look elsewhere.

February 26th, 2010
Dr King was very caring & gentle - I would go back to him in a heart beat!!

July 29th, 2017