Dr. Joshua Cohen Is this you?

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Joshua Cohen?

July 16th, 2012

POOR POOR Service

I do not like the service here and it's extremely busy place. I always wait more than minutes to see the doctor and one time I had to wait more than an hour. I chose this doctor since its convenient to my work. Overall, I am very disappointed when I go there. Most administrative staff is not helpful or pleasant.:((

June 11th, 2012

Dr Cohen seemed more concerned about impressing his interns than interacting with me. His manner was condescending and generally disrespectful. I think his medical knowledge may be good but his patient skill were poor and I have transfered to another doctor

March 29th, 2011

Outstanding care

Dr. Cohen is thorough and caring. I never have to wait long for an appointment.

June 28th, 2010

Outstanding

I am very grateful to Dr. Cohen for his care and flexibility in monitoring my hyperparathyroid condition for 17 years. After several tests to locate the adenoma under his patient guidance, I elected to have the surgery which was successful. Over the yeaars he excelled at explaining my options.

April 23rd, 2010

Jerk

I hated this doctor. I went in there for my PCOS that was diagnosed years before when I was living in NYC. Dr. Cohen refused to look at prior medical records stating that he was going to run his own tests. I told him things I wanted to be tested for and he said "I know what I am doing and I know what to test for" I walked into that appointment excited to get back on the pills I need for my PCOS and I left the office deflated and extremely sad that I had not been listened to. He should not be practicing. I guess it was a clue when I couldn't get into any other endocrinologist but his schedule was wide open.

March 10th, 2010

Don't waste your time with Dr. Cohen

His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired (slumped down in a chair with feet up as he's talking to you, somewhat curt demeanor, and seems like he's trying to act cool and aloof for his residents). I didn't feel very confident that he ever bothered to even look at my test results (blood work, MRIs, etc.) The straw that broke this camels back was that Dr. Cohen told me to get blood drawn to determine whether I needed to be put back on medication for my condition. I asked him whether I would receive a call with the results if I needed to be put back on the medicine. He told me I would not. Instead, he told me to call back a week after the blood was drawn for the results and then they would let me know if I needed to be put back on medication. I called over five times the three weeks following my blood work to get my results and see whether I needed to be put back on the medication, but I failed to get a response from Dr. Cohen or anyone on his staff. Ive put in a request to have my records transferred to another endocrinologist and hopefully she can tell me whether I need to be put on medication or not. Ridiculous.

February 12th, 2010

Awful follow up. Had to use a patient advocate to get my results weeks after they came in.

July 17th, 2009

Failed to write down results of biopsy

Dr. Cohen failed to write down the results of a biopsy I had. He claimed, through a representative, that he could recall them from memory nine months later. I was already switching doctors due to the extreme difficulty in getting test results (usually a 2-3 week wait, when he says in the office it should take one week). With this latest mishap, I will never go back to see Dr. Cohen. Incidentally, I discovered this mishap when I requested my medical records to transfer them to another physician. Otherwise, I would never have known that my biopsy wasn't documented--and therefore it can't be proven I ever had one.

April 9th, 2016