Dr. Joshua Fox MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Ridgewood, NJ

May 11th, 2017
Abusive Wait Time, Hurries through "treatment"
I called on Wednesday for a follow-up visit to deal with sun/skin issues and was told there was an appointment available at 1 p.m. on Thursday. I arrived at 12:45, signed in, and was called out of the waiting room, long distance (since the assistant was busy gossiping with someone else), then was put in a treatment room at 1:31. She said she would alert him and he would be there soon. She was unprofessional and unpleasant. I waited until 1:56 and left, telling her on the way out that I was leaving. This particular staff member was offensive and insensitive to patients' (mine at least) time constraints. This doctor has a lot of different locations and runs a dermatology mill. He may be a decent doctor but he is spread too thin and is too quick with patients when he finally gets around to seeing them.

November 19th, 2015
highly unproffessional
Highly unproffessional. Diagnosis wasn't very good either. Repeated visits for nothing,

October 28th, 2015
He is a little weird but a good dr

January 23rd, 2015
The front desk people are very rude. However, Dr. Fox is great.

May 27th, 2014
Thank you Advanced Dermatology!
My daughter was struggling in school because of severe acne. We were referred by our doctor to this dermatology office. The dermatologist recommended a laser treatment called Acleara and after a few treatments the results are truly amazing. My daughter is ecstatic and feeling so much more confident. Thank you so much.

February 7th, 2014
rhinophyma laser surgery
did my research for months online and even spoke to other doctors before my visit with dr fox.once i left his office i knew he was the best dr for my surgery..He had years of experience and knowledge of lasers and laser surgery.He and his staff couldnt of been any nicer and my surgery went perfectly.Dr fox took his time and explained everything that i could expect during and after laser surgery.It is now two weeks post surgery and my healing is coming along fine.I had two visits since then and they were both pleasant not rushed.I almost forgot while doing laser on my nose i had some wrinkles between eyes he did those for no extra charge and that was his idea.Great dr. would recommend 100%

December 23rd, 2013
Eyelid Tattoo Removal: Dr. Fox is a Life Saver
I honestly do not know what I would have done If I had not found Dr. Fox. Over one year ago, I searched endlessly for a doctor who would remove the lines I had so regretfully gotten tattooed on each of my eyelids. Ever since getting the permanent ink, I wished it were not so permanent. I was stuck for five years hiding lines that were uneven, too dark, and generally unflattering. The tattoos were supposed to be a money and time saver. Instead, it took extra of both to buy and apply even more makeup than I wore before. The worst part of it was that I never felt truly comfortable without any makeup at all because of the lines. Of course this most likely spawns from my own insecurities; I would have never agreed to go through with getting permanent eyeliner in the first place if I had loved my natural beauty back then. For this entire time, I had never let anyone see how I looked with the bare lines. This meant that I never dunk my head below water at the beach or pool, never went to the gym without applied makeup, and never emerged from my room in the morning without fully applied makeup. About one year ago, I made great strides with accepting my natural beauty. Yet every time I looked in the mirror, I was reminded of the worst decision I have ever made. I longed to look like myself again. Thus began the search for anyone who could erase them. I mostly read blogs and sites that described the procedure and the risks involved with tattoo removal. These risks grew exponentially when dealing with the eyelid. Scarring, permanent eyelash loss, and even blindness were some of the big ones. All the offices I called who specialized in tattoo removal outright refused to go anywhere near the eye. It’s hard to blame them. After months of contemplating and searching, I found Dr. Fox and Advanced Dermatology. Dr. Fox was the only doctor who was not only willing to remove tattoos around the eye, but had successfully done it many times before. I can now say that I would not trust any other doctor. I would trust him with my life. ‘Nervous’ would be an understated term to describe my emotions surrounding my first appointment. I literally could not stop shaking on the exam table. But Dr. Fox instantly calmed my fears when he came in. He has a soothing air about him: all smiles and humorous jokes to lighten the mood. I am so appreciative of his calm demeanor because he subsided my nerves completely. While he works on you, his comforting voice gives you something to focus on to get through. When I am on that table, I know that everything will be all right, and it will be over soon. He asks how I am doing and if I am in any pain throughout. Although I cannot see it for myself, I always had one of my parents in the room with me, who always commented about how steady Dr. Fox’s hands were. He explains the risks involved but quickly follows with how unlikely these are to occur. Dr. Fox uses a metal shield to cover the eye, which prevents the chance of blindness. He also explains how, although there is always a risk, the laser’s pulse is so short that permanent lash loss is unlikely to occur. Depending on your pain threshold, there is little because he injects an anesthetic into each lid. This also causes the lids to swell up a great deal so that the lines move further from the lashes, consequently creating even less chance of lash loss. A word of warning: this is by no means a quick or easy fix. Depending on how thick and dark your lines are (mine were very), you will need many treatments. I have had 9 treatments at this point and will need at least one or two more. The first three treatments were in the Fresh Meadows office with the Ruby laser, which worked well. However, I had even better results in the Roslyn Heights office with the VersaPulse laser. After each treatment, it looks like I got hit by a truck in each eye. I had bruising almost every time, which can take about 5 days to a week to fully heal. The swelling goes down in about 3 days. It takes a long weekend to heal enough in order to face society again. I would wear my glasses and some cover-up for about a week and a half to hide what remained of the swelling and bruises. Another warning: although permanent lash loss is unlikely, I experienced complete hair loss on my lower lids for many treatments. The remaining lashes on both the lower and upper lids turned blonde. However, the lashes do grow back fully in about a month or two. If you are in a situation like I was and are serious about returning to your natural beauty, go to Dr. Fox and Advanced Dermatology. While getting the tattoos in the first place was the worst decision of my life, getting up the courage to allow Dr. Fox to remove them was one of the best. Thank you Dr. Fox for everything.

August 7th, 2013
Dont bother unless you like to wait
The waiting time was totally unprofessional and the desk-staff did not inform patients of the wait.

February 27th, 2013
pleasant doctor but unconscionable wait time
His bedside manner was friendly and and professional. I was the second appointment in the morning and still waited for one hour before seeing doctor. Thought maybe it was a fluke. Next time same problem, clearly an overbooking problem that's not being addressed.

September 19th, 2012
Excellent
I could not be happier about the service I received. Dr. Fox was courteous and extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him!

September 12th, 2012
EXCELLENT Doctor - I Highly Recommend
Dr. Fox is a fantastic doctor. Not only is he New York's best dermatologist, this is after researching the internet, but he is an excellent person. He is carasmatic, has a sense of humor, and always with a friendly smile on his face. He is fast on detecting problems and solving the issue. As I have suggested him to my friend in the past, I would like to recommend him to the whole internet community, to get an appointment with him. He does not waste your time, and he is a caring doctor. An excellent doctor. A++

August 31st, 2012
I had an unusual skin condition that, after going to many dermatologists with no success, was finally treated by Dr. Fox! I am grateful to have found this doctor