Dermatologist
Advanced Dermatology Ctr
5847 188TH St.
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
718-357-8200
Locations and availability (15)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  Thank you Advanced Dermatology!  |  show details
by Mary G. on May 27th, 2014

My daughter was struggling in school because of severe acne. We were referred by our doctor to this dermatology office. The dermatologist recommended a laser treatment called Acleara and after a few treatments the results are truly amazing. My daughter is ecstatic and feeling so much more confident. Thank you so much.

|  rhinophyma laser surgery  |  show details
by gary m on Feb 7th, 2014

did my research for months online and even spoke to other doctors before my visit with dr fox.once i left his office i knew he was the best dr for my surgery..He had years of experience and knowledge of lasers and laser surgery.He and his staff couldnt of been any nicer and my surgery went perfectly.Dr fox took his time and explained everything that i could expect during and after laser surgery.It is now two weeks post surgery and my healing is coming along fine.I had two visits since then and they were both pleasant not rushed.I almost forgot while doing laser on my nose i had some wrinkles between eyes he did those for no extra charge and that was his idea.Great dr. would recommend 100%

|  Eyelid Tattoo Removal: Dr. Fox is a Life Saver  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2013

I honestly do not know what I would have done If I had not found Dr. Fox. Over one year ago, I searched endlessly for a doctor who would remove the lines I had so regretfully gotten tattooed on each of my eyelids. Ever since getting the permanent ink, I wished it were not so permanent. I was stuck for five years hiding lines that were uneven, too dark, and generally unflattering. The tattoos were supposed to be a money and time saver. Instead, it took extra of both to buy and apply even more makeup than I wore before. The worst part of it was that I never felt truly comfortable without any makeup at all because of the lines. Of course this most likely spawns from my own insecurities; I would have never agreed to go through with getting permanent eyeliner in the first place if I had loved my natural beauty back then. For this entire time, I had never let anyone see how I looked with the bare lines. This meant that I never dunk my head below water at the beach or pool, never went to the gym without applied makeup, and never emerged from my room in the morning without fully applied makeup. About one year ago, I made great strides with accepting my natural beauty. Yet every time I looked in the mirror, I was reminded of the worst decision I have ever made. I longed to look like myself again. Thus began the search for anyone who could erase them. I mostly read blogs and sites that described the procedure and the risks involved with tattoo removal. These risks grew exponentially when dealing with the eyelid. Scarring, permanent eyelash loss, and even blindness were some of the big ones. All the offices I called who specialized in tattoo removal outright refused to go anywhere near the eye. It’s hard to blame them. After months of contemplating and searching, I found Dr. Fox and Advanced Dermatology. Dr. Fox was the only doctor who was not only willing to remove tattoos around the eye, but had successfully done it many times before. I can now say that I would not trust any other doctor. I would trust him with my life. ‘Nervous’ would be an understated term to describe my emotions surrounding my first appointment. I literally could not stop shaking on the exam table. But Dr. Fox instantly calmed my fears when he came in. He has a soothing air about him: all smiles and humorous jokes to lighten the mood. I am so appreciative of his calm demeanor because he subsided my nerves completely. While he works on you, his comforting voice gives you something to focus on to get through. When I am on that table, I know that everything will be all right, and it will be over soon. He asks how I am doing and if I am in any pain throughout. Although I cannot see it for myself, I always had one of my parents in the room with me, who always commented about how steady Dr. Fox’s hands were. He explains the risks involved but quickly follows with how unlikely these are to occur. Dr. Fox uses a metal shield to cover the eye, which prevents the chance of blindness. He also explains how, although there is always a risk, the laser’s pulse is so short that permanent lash loss is unlikely to occur. Depending on your pain threshold, there is little because he injects an anesthetic into each lid. This also causes the lids to swell up a great deal so that the lines move further from the lashes, consequently creating even less chance of lash loss. A word of warning: this is by no means a quick or easy fix. Depending on how thick and dark your lines are (mine were very), you will need many treatments. I have had 9 treatments at this point and will need at least one or two more. The first three treatments were in the Fresh Meadows office with the Ruby laser, which worked well. However, I had even better results in the Roslyn Heights office with the VersaPulse laser. After each treatment, it looks like I got hit by a truck in each eye. I had bruising almost every time, which can take about 5 days to a week to fully heal. The swelling goes down in about 3 days. It takes a long weekend to heal enough in order to face society again. I would wear my glasses and some cover-up for about a week and a half to hide what remained of the swelling and bruises. Another warning: although permanent lash loss is unlikely, I experienced complete hair loss on my lower lids for many treatments. The remaining lashes on both the lower and upper lids turned blonde. However, the lashes do grow back fully in about a month or two. If you are in a situation like I was and are serious about returning to your natural beauty, go to Dr. Fox and Advanced Dermatology. While getting the tattoos in the first place was the worst decision of my life, getting up the courage to allow Dr. Fox to remove them was one of the best. Thank you Dr. Fox for everything.

|  Dont bother unless you like to wait  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2013

The waiting time was totally unprofessional and the desk-staff did not inform patients of the wait.

|  pleasant doctor but unconscionable wait time  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2013

His bedside manner was friendly and and professional. I was the second appointment in the morning and still waited for one hour before seeing doctor. Thought maybe it was a fluke. Next time same problem, clearly an overbooking problem that's not being addressed.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

I could not be happier about the service I received. Dr. Fox was courteous and extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him!

|  EXCELLENT Doctor - I Highly Recommend  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

Dr. Fox is a fantastic doctor. Not only is he New York's best dermatologist, this is after researching the internet, but he is an excellent person. He is carasmatic, has a sense of humor, and always with a friendly smile on his face. He is fast on detecting problems and solving the issue. As I have suggested him to my friend in the past, I would like to recommend him to the whole internet community, to get an appointment with him. He does not waste your time, and he is a caring doctor. An excellent doctor. A

Aug 31st, 2012

I had an unusual skin condition that, after going to many dermatologists with no success, was finally treated by Dr. Fox! I am grateful to have found this doctor

Aug 31st, 2012

I would recommend dr Fox highly . He is extremely kind and caring. He also explained to me the treatment options for my son-,.

Aug 29th, 2012

I've only been treated with professionalism and respect at this office, by Dr. Fox and his staff.

Jun 19th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Fox's for many years. He is very knowledgeable and caring. I would recommend Dr. Fox (and the rest of the doctors at Advanced Dermatology) to anyone in the area looking for a dermatologist.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by advanced dermatology at Citysearch on Jan 25th, 2012 on citysearch.com

After seeing Dr. Fox about spots on my hand, I realized that I should have seen a dermatologist a long time ago. He told me about the spots on my hand and took the time to explain that I need to be more aware of my skincare. He was very easy to talk to and made sure that I understood what my condition was and how to prevent and further outbreaks.

|  The worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2012

He was rude and insulting. I waited over two hours to see him. He should not be a hands on doctor. It would be better is he worked in a lab. Out of sight and he would not have the ability to insult his patients. He is crude and rude with absolutely no manners.

|  New york`s best dderm  |  show details
by Yoshi14 at Citysearch on Sep 4th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I TOOK MY BOYS TO BE TREATED BY DR FOX. HE AND HIS STAFF WERE SO KIND AND PATIENT. HE EXPLAINED ALLL THE OPTIONS AND MADE ME FEEL AT EASE- especially since my sons both needed a laser procedure. The results were better than I ever imagined. I don`t understand why I procrastinated so much.

by Yosh on Apr 20th, 2011

Was very kind and understanding to my son . He suggested a special laser that got rid of the blemishes that were bothering my son. It did not leave any marks. Although my son is quite demanding , he was thrilled with the results.

Mar 28th, 2011

I went to see Dr. Fox for my roscea and was given medication which I took and I am so pleased with the outcome. My skin no longer looks red all the time. I am very pleased with the service I received and would recommend my family and friends to Dr. Fox

|  Worth the Wait  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

I had an appointment and I arrived 15 minutes early. I waited another 30 minutes after my original 15, since he was running a bit behind schedule. I get called in and am told to change into a gown. No problem, I do that and a few minutes later Dr. Fox comes in. Before the procedure I ask him all the questions I was concerned about, and Dr. Fox answered them all. Then he went on with the procedure. It went well and didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I was a little red in the areas of the procedure, but I was able to see results already. I am very happy with the results and will come back.

Jan 7th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Fox for my rosacea which I knew I had but it was getting worse over time, especially during the winter months. I was greeted by a lovely girl working the front desk and after waiting for about 20 minutes, which I didn't mind because Oprah was on TV, I was called into the examing room. Dr. Fox examined my condition, wrote a prescription and said I should see an improvement in a couple of weeks. He also told me if my condition doesn't improve, there are other options available to treatment my condition. My experience with him was excellent and I will refer him to all my friends.

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by Mark1218 at Citysearch on Nov 16th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I had a very good experience there. I went to get the bags under my eyes removed and Dr. Joshua Fox was the one that removed them. It didn`t hurt and now they are gone.I will go back there for anything else I need, and recommend this place for anyone else who wants any quick cosmetic procedure done.

|  Best Doctor Ever  |  show details
by Mark1218 at Citysearch on Nov 16th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I came to them to have some scars removed. Spoke to the receptionist and asked how long it would take. I was told it would be about 10-15 min. It took half an hour, but that was to be expected, there were so many people there. I get called in, they already know what I want from my charts and I was out of there in less than a half hour. It stung a little but it was worth it. I now no longer have those ugly scars on my face.

Nov 15th, 2010

A craftsman with lasers

|  this schmuck is a doctor?  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2010

I wouldn't let this fool treat even a cockroach.

by laura on May 17th, 2010

a greatbedside manner and great at diagnosing skin cancer

by jay on Nov 16th, 2009

great sense of humor and kindhearted > great with lasers>