Dr. Joshua Mandelberg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8
  • 17 reviews

October 11th, 2016
Wonderful advocate who cares
Josh has been a godsend to our family. Our two children on the spectrum are seen by him, my oldest for 3 years now. In this emotional and confusing journey, he has been our guide and now we are seeing tremendous progress with our son, and improvement in the short time he has seen our daughter. He is caring with a great bedside manner. Josh has always made himself available whenever we've needed help or had a question. His assessments are pretty accurate and insightful. We appreciate the thoroughness of each assessment. His office will interview parents, teachers, therapists and anyone working with the child to get a better understanding of their condition, and tests the child to identify developmental age and areas where the child needs support. He has been our best advocate and we've recommend him to other parents with special needs children as well as parents who suspect their child needs help and are seeking answers.

September 6th, 2016
Amazing Physician - Highly Recommended!
Dr. Mandelberg is an amazing physician. He is supportive, kind and caring when meeting with his patients. My son felt comfortable during the doctor's visits, and would look forward to seeing Dr. Mandelberg. Dr. Mandelberg is very knowledgeable in his area of expertise, and takes the time to explain his findings. Additionally, he has a vast network of child specialists and professionals in the event he feels your child can benefit. He not only makes a diagnosis, but is very helpful in making recommendations and offering options. I am very thankful to have met Dr. Mandelberg, and that my son is under his care.

August 31st, 2016
Dr. Joshua is very experienced and talented and is great at what he does. We always feel very comfortable with him through the whole experience - consult, scheduling appointment, follow-ups. He is very kind, professional and is attentive to my child's needs and wants. He cares about his patients and shows concern. I am extremely happy and recommend him highly.

August 28th, 2016
Dr. Josh Mandelberg is a compassionate and comprehensive Clinician. He diagnosed our son at 4 and set him onto the correct course of action. Our child is thriving because Dr Josh is always there for us and has guided us to the best therapists to support our son, as well recommendations for schools, IEP recommendations etc. Dr Josh is great at finding the right help for your child as well as explaining to and supporting the parents through the process.

August 24th, 2016
Great Doctor!
Dr. Josh is an amazing addition to my son's medical team. He is easy to work with, open to questions and coordinates with the rest of my son's specialists. He has made a tremendous difference in my child's life.

April 9th, 2016
Wonderful care!
We have been blessed with the help and advice of Dr. Josh since our son was 5 years old. He goes above and beyond to help and to understand the issues facing our son. Many a time we find ourselves facing a problem in school, and Dr. Josh is able to offer ideas and solutions. He helps us to properly advocate for our son and to know our rights. We actually travel 2 hours just to see Dr. Josh because he is careful in administering medication to help our son cope with autism and ADHD. Thankfully, because of his caution and learned recommendations, our son is navigating through his education, learning to have great social skills, and remaining healthy and never overmedicated. Dr. Mandleberg doesn't just treat the developmental disability, he treats the child as a whole to keep them healthy and strong. A great doctor and wonderful person!!!

December 15th, 2014
Look No Further
If you are looking for a doc- stop looking- Dr. Mandelberg is the best!

December 11th, 2014
Truly kind and compassionate and knowledgable
i cannot speak highly enough about Dr Mandelberg. He was the second dr i went to for my son when I was concerned about his delays and social behavior. He was a preemie and I was incredibly concerned and scared, and has NOT had a good experience with a prior doctor. I could not be happier that I switched and went to Dr Mandelberg.He was kind, understanding and patient. He explained every thing to me and answered every single question , never seeming annoyed or rushed. He helped me find every therapist I needed and also was totally on top of getting my sons reports to me in a timely manner. The last doctor it took five weeks, with him it took two days! Also he is always available to email or even talk on the phone when I need him, and his staff is equally as kind . I truly feel safer and calmer now that I have him on our team and I recommend him for any child with delays, behavior issues, possible spectrum issues etc.

December 5th, 2013
Exactly the kind of doctor you need ...
When your child has development issues (whatever they may be), you really need is two things: (1) empathy and attention -- someone who will take the time to help you understand and handle the situation; and (2) practical help -- a "quarterback" who will help you handle and coordinate the various therapies (PT, OT, speech, etc.) that your child may be going to. That's exactly what Dr. Mandelberg does. We took our child to see Dr. Mandelberg at around 18 months for general developmental delay (mostly that he wasn't walking and some speech concerns). At the point, we were going a little nuts between polar opposite takes -- our pediatrician was really laid back, but we had a Regional Center (L.A. County public service) that made us think there were severe and potentially neurological problems. As Josh explained it, that's pretty common. Pediatricians mostly see healthy kids and 90% of "delays" go away naturally. Regional Center evaluators are pre-disposed to seeing problems and tend to emphasize them so you qualify for services. Understandable, but it can freak you out. The first session with Josh was something like 2-3 hours, and we came out with a much better sense of what was going on and what we needed to do. We also felt a genuine care for our child. Since the initial appointment, we have had in-office follow-up evaluations and additional phone sessions at our request when we needed to discuss something or ask a question. He is very knowledgeable about the best therapists in the area and will coordinate with them. He is always responsive to emails and phone calls. He provides good and confident advice on things (e.g., do we add a therapy; do we start or delay preschool) without being over-bearing and is very receptive to the parent's insights and requests about how the direct the plan.

December 3rd, 2013
Mom
Coming to the conclusion that your child needs to see a developmental pediatrician can be challenging. Finding doctors like Dr. Mandelberg that can support you during this time is critical - it is so hard for parents to know what the best plan is for kids to reach their maximum potential. Dr. Mandelberg will be your "team leader" He has an in depth dynamic knowledge of the field along with an outstanding bedside manner with both kiddos and their parents. Even though we have seen the top doctors on both coasts, Dr. Mandelberg is the only one that really took the time to understand our child and our concerns - he took the time to personally call our therapists to get a better picture of our kiddo outside of his own testing (which he made fun!) he patiently explained all of our options, recommended next steps, available tests, supplements, therapists etc. He was always available via phone or email to make sure we understood everything. In example - I have been asking any doctor my kiddo has seen about supplements - Dr. Mandelberg was the only one that did not dismiss my concerns and actually found some deficiencies that we were able to quickly address and see immediate improvements with. Also, his assistant Alex was great to work with - she was kind, personable, accessible and professional - she really made everything easy for us! We had a great experience with Dr. Mandelberg and will continue to see him. I have and will continue to highly recommend him to anyone looking for a Developmental Pediatrician.

August 20th, 2013
For parents dealing with ADHD
Our 8-year-old son was seen by Dr. Mandelberg for the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD starting in early 2013. After seeing counselors, psychiatrists, and educational psychologists, our research led us to Dr. Mandelberg. As a Developmental Pediatrician, Dr. Mandelberg was able to fully evaluate our son medically, and was able to perform all of the developmental tests to give us a reliable diagnosis. He spent several hours over multiple sessions completing a full history on our family and getting to know and understand our child. This led to a very thorough diagnosis (a ten page report) we were comfortable and confident to receive. Dr. Mandelberg has always made himself available to our family, is prompt to answer e-mails, and our son truly enjoys his visits. Most importantly, our son is thriving at school and has seen his test scores jump 40% with a dramatic decline in bad behavior reports due to increased focus. For families that are concerned with making a decision to start medication, our experience was that Dr. Mandelberg was as conservative and careful as possible. We were evaluated every four weeks, and now we see him every 8 weeks. He is completely on top of checking in for any side-effects, and he has recommended complementary behavior change therapy and non-drug interventions to improve our son’s outcomes. Finally, the entire practice and office staff are extremely professional and kind. We would highly recommend Dr. Mandelberg to any family in need of a Developmental Pediatrician.

August 10th, 2013
Would definitely recommend him
We went to see Dr. Mandelberg to assess our child and from the three first visits up to the follow-up and emails to answer some of our questions, his service has been outstanding. We feel like we are in very good hands. He is very knowledgeable, available and takes time to explain and answer everything.