Family Physicians

Hampshire Family Physicians
175 State St
Belchertown, MA 01007
413-323-7700
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Apr 23rd, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Mintz for two years for routine issues. His care has been going downhill within the last year or so. Not very compassionate or caring. Just seems like he wants to rush through and go to the next person.

|  a dime a dozen  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

Overall, a very mediocre Doctor who shows very little interest in his patients and virtually never Follows up or returns phone calls personally. He's been fine for routine check ups but for serious health issues, he seemingly lacks both the skill and commitment to inspire confidence. I would never recommend him to a new or elderly patient, despite his experience influencing decisions to have the latter moved into the nursing home that he oversees.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by Bonnie Ketcham on May 8th, 2011

Dr Mintz is a compassionate doctor. He treats his patients with kindness & respect. He has helped me through some very tuff medical situations and got me back on my feet. He knows when to send you to the right specialist and is a great listner. I would recommend him to anyone I know.

|  Really great doctor  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

I had to see Dr. Mintz when my doctor, Dr Levheim was out of the office. He is always willing to see me when Dr. Levheim is not available. He is sweet and caring. Great bedside manner. I had a scary problem and he spent a lot of time with my mom and I talking to us and answering our questions. I would recommend him highly.

by Carol G. on Jan 16th, 2010

Dr. Mintz is wonderful. I have been taking my family to his practice for 5 years. The staff can be stressed/rude at times but he NEVER is. He is a professional in every sense of the word. I highly recommend him as a primary care Doctor.

Dec 30th, 2009

Very few problems with the doctor. office staff tend to be very rude and do not listen to you. They speak very loudly when giving out confirming details with you. Doctor is wonderful, office staff mean and uncaring.

Oct 13th, 2009

Nurses do not answer questions or triage, and it is very difficult to speak with the dr. via phone. instead of answering your question the nurse will insist you come in first w/out letting you talk to the dr.