Dr. Joshua Rosenthal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joshua Rosenthal?

March 4th, 2012

A waste of money

I went to Dr. Rosenthal at the urging of my counselor because I was having sleep issues related to several traumatic events and she wasn't qualified to prescribe medications. I do not like taking medications but I was desperate to get some sleep so I went to Dr. Rosenthal hoping to get prescribed some meds for temporary use. The doctor ran through what seemed like a thousand questions and gave me little time to formulate a response. He seemed impatient and didn't appear to listen to the answers; he just moved to the next question. I felt like this was some sort of prefabricated test and for him it was more important to get through all the questions rather than really hear my responses. He also seemed more interested in my experiences overseas and the drugs policy of the country I travel to quite often more than my issues. I was disappointed with his recommendation and he didn't prescribe me anything. He recommended I purchase something over the counter - which was something I'd already tried in the past. I didn't need to pay $275 for that useless advice. A complete waste of time and money, and I felt that he had very little understanding of my situation and much less compassion. I should have seen my GP for the meds and saved the $275.

February 23rd, 2010

An overall great psychiatrist to have. He displays a great amount of empathy and takes time to really listen to what you have to say. He seems very knowledgeable in his field.

August 29th, 2017