Dr. Joshua Septimus MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 28th, 2015
Patient
This review is not unique to Dr. Septimus. The following has become what passes as acceptable behavior within the medical profession, i.e., spend as little time with the patient as possible. How did we let this happen? He was late for our appointment, about 25-30 minutes, but within approximately four minutes our appointment was "over" and I was dismissed. I can only assume he is overloaded to the extent of inefficiency. Why is this acceptable behavior in the medical profession but not in other professions? I didn't have time to take notes, and at 73, that's not good. I am a business owner and if I ran my business like that, or allowed my employees to, I'd be out of business because I wouldn't have repeat business. What's going on here? Rise up, patients of the world!

January 31st, 2013
Phenomenal Internist... The best.
My husband and I have both been going to Dr.Septimus for years and there is not enough room here to go into how many ways we LOVE Dr.Septimus... He is just a phenomenal clinician. He seems to have old school ways (spends plenty of time with patients, listens attentively, explains EVERYTHING, really seems to care) combined with the latest knowledge, skills, and technology available! We have moved out of state now and I am devastated to leave his practice... But I know we will be back in Houston some day and we will definitely be returning to Dr.Septimus!! Oh, and the new offices are awesome!

August 17th, 2012
Fabulous doctor and staff
Dr. Septimus and the Associates in Medicine staff are fabulous - very responsive and kind. Their new offices are wonderful, too - ample free parking.

July 20th, 2011
Best Doctor Ever
Love, Love Dr. Septimus! He is the most thorough Dr. I have ever visited. He is genuinely concerned about your health. My secret name for him is Dr. Doogie Howser (because he looks so young). He is wise beyond his years.

April 12th, 2011
He has been my primary for 5 years
This doctor tells you how it is. He give you all the information and in the form you can understand. He takes his time with you and seems generally concerned with the issue at hand. Ive had several issues that I needed explaining and he assured me everything was fine and talked me back down to a calm state. He is a great guy and a good doctor. The only thing I would change is the wait time once you are put in a room. This seems to be a little long.

August 6th, 2010
Excellent doctor
Referred to Dr. Septimus by 3 different renouned specialists when looking for a new primary care physicians. Never wait more than 5 minutes to begin the appointment. Excellent diagnostic skills. Confers with others in specialties when needed. Follows-up with results promptly. Very thorough. Ease to talk with. I suggested my wife switch from her PCP to Dr. Septimus and she did and really likes him.

May 26th, 2009
Dr. Septimus has been my doctor for the last 5 years. He has been a consumate professional and has dealt with my general health conditions and also helped me to address lifestyle choices that improved my overall health.I even asked my wife to schedule and appointment with him, and she switch primary care physicians after that visit.Dr. Septimus is a wonderful "family" doctor.

April 23rd, 2009
Dr. Septimus has been nothing but the utmost professional, appropriately listening to my health issues, and spending as much time as needed with me. I've had many interesting discussions with him and have found him friendly and intelligent. He is a young doctor with a bright future ahead of him.

February 2nd, 2009
Needs improvement in his bedside manner
He belittled me and talked down to me. I was not treated with dignaty and respect.