Dr. Joshua Werblin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

October 10th, 2014
Dr. Werblin really helped my daughter at a very critical time in her life. The very first time I emailed him to make an appointment he responded immediately. During the first visit he helped me understand what my daughter was going through and he quickly made a treatment plan. I am forever grateful for his expertise during this dark period in her life.

September 7th, 2014
Positive Review for Dr. Werblin
I am surprised by the negative reviews for Dr. Werblin. I was treated by him in 2013 and 2014 and can say nothing but good things about his knowledge and advice. He new, in great detail, the medication he prescribed and his advice about dealing with my situation was "spot on"...Lastly, he was always willing to work with me on scheduling. 4 Stars!

October 24th, 2012
Avoid a psychiatrist with no set hours of operation, refusals to take emergency calls and reading emails regarding patients
My granddaughter has not been treated appropriately by this man who who she has seen about 4-5 times. Just today, he greeted her with an added degree of cynicism to round out his total lack of professionalism. He does not give out his office hours. He does not answer telephone calls asking for help in an emergency. He admittely dumps cries for help that are sent to him in emails in his "span" files, UNREAD. She was quite upset with herself as she explained why it's been three months since her last visit rather than calling for her usual one month follow up visit. He decided to "punish" her by refusing to renew any of her prescriptions, explaining (strangely) that she really needed to remain on these medications long term and chastising her for letting the past two months pass without a follow up visit to him. He told me it would be "unethical" for him to give her a prescription. I said, "because she let herself be WITHOUT meds for two months?" He may have seen how ludicrous his methodology was because he said "okay, your point!" He saw all of this as some kind of a match. My grand daughter was outside crying and he was basking in the glory of teaching her a lesson. This man is supposed to be a psychiatrist but he plays such games with his sick patients? My child has signed forms TWICE giving him permission to get her past medical records to bring him up to date on her issues. Had he done so, he would know that Jessica has had the same kind of psychiatric problems all her life and perhaps he wouldn't have told her she probably had a brain tumor which caused her to forget to take her medications every day. He told her to get an MRI to see if there was a physical problem at the root of her issues. Had he taken the time to secure her medical history he would know that was not the case and his handling of her was not only off mark, but rude, insulting and harmful to a young person I trusted him to help. Dr. Werblin insisted we pay $80 the last time we were there because it was owed, but we learned today, it was not owed and her account reflects a credit which we'll probably never get back. Jessica told DR. Werblin during their first encounter that she had a problem with her memory, taking her meds every day as she should. He never suggested then that she should have an MRI to rule out a physical problem....only when he was angered by her missing appointments. He became very cartoonish when I tried to reason with him so that Jessica's withdrawal from his care could be less traumatic, but he was not having it. He acted like a child, challening me to do anything about it. Jessica thought there was something wrong with this man on her first visit. I should have listened to her. I'll never make that mistake again.