Dr. Joy Gelbman MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

August 28th, 2016
Attitude to patients, possibly competence, lack of diligence, posturing for billing.

January 18th, 2016
How awesome Joy Gelbman is!!!!!
Joy is awesome at making me feel comfortable when I am nervous. Joy is an excellent doctor and always treats me with respect. She is funny and can always make me laugh. Joy is very smart and always knows whats wrong.(If there is something wrong.)Joy is a very good doctor and I highly reccomend her to cover your medical needs.:) :D ;o!!!!!!!

August 7th, 2015
Agree with overall picture
I'm sure Dr. Gelbman is somewhat competent - she did, after all, land a position with Weill Cornell. That said, our own experiences with her have been most unfortunate. I believe she may have that ego issue that, while understandable in a cardiologist in general, sometimes puts the patient in a detrimental position. This doctor seems to not be able to say "I can't figure it out, let me ask someone with more experience". We had two separate encounters with her, and both left much to be desired. I also feel her bedside manner is lacking. I would very much recommend getting a second opinion on any and all of her suggestions. She also seems to not be very much into actually reviewing a patient's history. While I understand it must be quite boring, but assume it's part of the job. I didn't leave a negative after our first range of encounters, but after the second I'm convinced it's a pattern. I will llok elsewhere and suggedt you do the same. It almost seems her practice is a hobby. Like needlepoint.

March 4th, 2015
So many cardiologists in NYC, do yourself a favor and see someone else...
Missed a critical diagnosis during several visits (putting my life at stake) where I clearly explained the symptoms. One diagnosed she cared more about getting an office visit than getting me to a suitable specialist.

February 8th, 2011
Fine for textbook cases
Dr. Gelbman was accurate in cardiac diagnosis and spent time explaining and answering questions, but had no interest in investigating the overall picture associated with the problem to get to the root cause of an admittedly unexpected cardiac issue. Her proposed follow up care was "textbook" and rather rigid for a case that was anything but. Consultation with another cardiologist uncovered an unusual, but not rare, condition known to cause as one of its symptoms continuing and progressively more severe cardiac problems if not addressed. She's fine for those with typical heart disease and no other underlying conditions. The staff was courteous and helpful.

October 14th, 2009
explains everything, caring, seems knowledgable

May 30th, 2016