Dr. Joy Jester Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Joy Jester?

Posted on August 1st, 2015

She took the time to explain her procedures and was very thorough.

Not Good

Posted on April 28th, 2015

I went to Dr. Jester more than once and I would always wait a ridiculously long period of time and she'd accuse me of being late and that she has patients to take care of, which was so rude. She put me on tons of medicines that did nothing for my skin and never really explained why she was putting me on them. She also kept pushing for Acutane, which I really didn't want to go on, and repeatedly told her that. She speeds through all the appointments and my skin didn't clear up at all until AFTER I stopped seeing her. I wouldn't recommend her.

Agree with other reviewers

Posted on March 17th, 2014

I have to agree that she doesn't seem to care and seems to shy away from giving a definitive diagnosis which is weird for a doctor. She seems kind of lazy and doesn't ever dig deeper. I hate to give a bad review for the money you have to pay for a specialist, she should at least pretend to care.

never ever go to Dr. jester

Posted on September 23rd, 2013

My previous visit to dr. Jester was horrible! I went in for her to examine my hair and scalp due to an bad perm service which caused my hair loss. The only thing she did was run her fingers through my hair and told me that I have no permanent damage. She did not do any test on my hair, so how would she know for certain that I don't have any permanent damage to my hair and scalp?! When I asked her for an diagnosis statement she refused! She told that she didn't know what I wanted her to write down and that she didn't have time. I paid $150.00 (self-pay) for this unfortunate visit. I deserve more! As a patient you have the right to have test done on any part of your body and to have the diagnosis written for records. Her bedside manner is terrible! She's rude and unfair! She gives her opinion in things that is not of her concern. So, I will not go back nor recommend anyone to this woman. However, I will go back up for my diagnosis statement from her because that is my right. P.s. be sure to do research on dermatologist before visiting so you won't come across any mishaps like I did amd others. I forgot to do mine.

She's Good

Posted on December 15th, 2011

She's the only dermatologist that gets my skin back on track. I've gone to other dermatologist but i always end up coming back to her. The other dermatologist that i went to tried to treat my acne the same way as my brothers and made it worse than ever before. Even though it worked on my brother and his skin was clearing up, mine was NOT. I even complained to her. She didn't listen and so i went back to Dr. Jester.She's the only dermatologist that i know of that knows my skin and knows how to treat it.The staff is alright, it all depends on who you get. I've met some rude ones and some very friendly ones.

Posted on October 11th, 2011

Dr jester had a terrible bedside manner. She was very rude to me and her staff. I came in for Dr jester to examine a lesion on my cheek that wouldnt go away and she barely looked at it and told me it was a mole. She then asked if i had anything else that needed to be examined and i asked her about the mole under my arm and her response was " your insurance doesnt cover removal of skin tags and to shve it off yourself" . I was apalled. I went to see a GOOD dermtologist and the lesion on my face turned out to be Pre- cancerous and not a mole. I wouldnt recommend Dr jester to my worst enemy!!!

Posted on August 19th, 2010

office staff horrible rude would not go there

Posted on December 17th, 2009

I've seen Dr. Jester for many years now. During each visit she takes time to listen, diagnose, and then explain her diagnosis. She also seems to be up on current and experimental treatments.

Bad experience

Posted on October 13th, 2009

I try not to leave negative opinions, but on this one I have to. The staff and the physician were very rude. They did not listen to any of our concerns and did not offer any advice for our problems. She wrote some scripts and we were shoved out the door.

Posted on February 9th, 2017