Dr. Joy Madarang-Lewis Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Joy Madarang-Lewis?

Amazing PA

Posted on March 2nd, 2015

Dr. Lewis's PA Meghan East PA-C is amazing.

Extremely disappointed

Posted on January 10th, 2015

I had an appointment for a physical with one of the PAs this past Friday. I wish I hadn't made the appointment for a Friday at 3 pm first of all. Even after being taken to an examining room I had to wait approximately 25 minutes before the PA finally came in. And for a physical, this was without a doubt, the worst one I ever had! I never heard of a physical which didn't require undressing for examination. Not even asked to remove my socks when she asked if I had any swelling in my feet or legs. She just asked me if I had any! I see my GYN for my pelvic exam so I guess since I do, I will no longer get a real physical at this office. I didn't feel I had time to discuss any concerns either and could barely get a word in about a prescription which I needed a refill on. I have been suffering recently with anxiety and depression despite being on an antidepressant and asked for an increased dosage in my medication. Yet I don't have a follow-up for 6 months. Anything could happen in that time. I feel very much like the other patient who said she was told they would no longer see her because she was pregnant.I suspect since I choose to see my GYN for that part of my health care, this is why I had a joke of a physical and will probably told they will no longer see me in the near future. I am very upset and angry and don't know where to turn as far as finding a new internist. Oh and I haven't see Dr. Lewis herself in years. I always get whatever nurse practitioner or physician's assistant she currently has working with her and they leave so quickly, it will make your head spin!

Not a Good Doc for Female Patients

Posted on May 5th, 2014

Dr. Madarang-Lewis's practice needs to make it clear to their female patients of child-bearing age that they will NOT continue to treat you after you become pregnant. I became pregnant, and after informing the office of this fact, was told that they would not continue to see me for any reason and that I "should just go to my obstetrician for all medical issues." What makes this odd is that I had discussed my plans to become pregnant with the nurse practitioner at my previous office visit and no mention of this policy was made to me at that time. At the time of sharing my pregnancy news with this office, I had not yet selected an obstetrician, nor had I planned on being left scrambling to find a health care provider at that time. This was very stressful, especially since I have a chronic health condition that needs careful monitoring through the early weeks of pregnancy. I felt that I was being left hung out to dry to make decisions on my own that could potentially adversely affect me and my baby's health. Sadly, I went on to have a miscarriage. To make matters even worse, immediately afterwards, when I went to my pharmacist to have my usual prescription refilled, he told me, after contacting Dr. Madarang-Lewis's office, that they said I would need to provide "proof of miscarriage" before they would allow that prescription to be refilled or ever again treat me. It is hard for me to describe how emotionally difficult this was for me at that time. I am sorry that I cannot recommend this provider for any reason, and I am still shocked at the way I was treated.

PASTOR

Posted on November 7th, 2013

SHE IS A VERY CARING DOCTOR. SHE LISTENS AND ALSO GIVE GOOD ADVICE. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM GETTING AN APPOINTMENT, FOLLOW UP OR GETTING MEDICINES. THE DOCTOR WILL GIVE YOU HER OPION IF YOU LIKE OR NOT. OVERALL SHE IS A SOLID FOR REAL DOCTOR.

Posted on July 11th, 2012

Basically, she saved my life. Great doc.

Posted on August 9th, 2011

Downright rude to me.

Awesome A

Posted on July 14th, 2011

She is the nicest doctor and is the best as far as i am concerned. Great staff all around.

Wonderful Doctors Office!

Posted on May 25th, 2011

I am so impressed with the the service that I got and how invested the staff was in finding out what was wrong.

PRESCRIPTIONS AND FOLLOW UP FOR SELF PAY

Posted on February 17th, 2010

these folks always seem to write 30 day scripts, and want follow up after follow up. We cant afford the extras! When a script runs out they do not want to call the pharmacy to get it refilled, without a doctors visit. These are maintainance scripts.

Posted on September 7th, 2017