Dr. Joy Mcelroy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joy Mcelroy?

July 13th, 2017

Great Doctor

Dr McElroys bedside manner is perfect! She knows exactly what she is doing in her diagnosis and treatment. I had to wait to get an appointment, but well worth the wait. My skin has never been so clear and my rash cleared up within days of taking the medications and using the correct facial products.

July 12th, 2017

Wonderful bedside manner. She diagnosed my psoriasis and gave me the right meds to clear it up.

June 17th, 2016

Skin Cancer Scare

I had bumps all over my shoulders and my legs and it became a concern as I have lived in tropical climates most of my life. Dr. McElroy, alleviated my fears and concerns very quickly and assured me that they were not cancerous. She painlessly removed them( about 30) and shortly sent me on my way. Ever since then I use sunscreen every single day. She educated me in a way that I clearly understood and gave me comfort in knowledge to be able to not only enjoy an active outdoor life but to do so safely

May 3rd, 2016

Dr.McElroy, is a very pleasant and excellent dermatologist, I was having serious skin problems while visiting Hawaii and she was extremely helpful in her diagnosis and treatment of my ongoing problems. My dermatologist back home was pleased with her recommendations as well.

August 25th, 2015

Wonderful Doctor

Dr. McElroy is a wonderful doctor! She takes time with her patients and is very personable and easy to talk to! She is very kind and caring and thoroughly explains what the problem is and treatment! I would recommend her to anyone in Kona! I think she's a wonderful and very competent Dermatologist!

July 6th, 2015

Knows her skin!

This MD knows her medicine and she is very personable. She gets to the business of your skin and communicates well what she sees and can do to help. I liked that! I have yet to go in to have a map of my skin made, I intend to do this. She gives out samples of expensive medicine so you can try first. She is also a strong patient advocate and will help you get what you need from insurance companies as possible. This doctor knows what is important to patients and follows that guide.

August 19th, 2013

Amazing Results!

In early 2012, I started losing pigmentation in my skin so I went to Dr. Joy Mcelroy. She examined the area and prescribed an initial treatment. After the prescribed period, I returned to Dr. Mcelroy because it seemed as though the condition was getting worse. Dr. Mcelroy then prescribed an alternate treatment, and within less than a month, my normal color began to return! Within about two months, my skin had returned to normal. I was SO thrilled, because I thought that the depigmentation would continue over my body. And here I am more than a year later, and my skin remains normal. I am extremely impressed with Dr. Mcelroy's skills, knowledge, professionalism, warmth, and humor. She is an excellent dermatologist who knows her stuff. She was VERY thorough in explaining my condition and the possible treatments and their side-effects. She has an excellent bedside manner. She is also very funny -- had me in tears during one visit. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Joy Mcelroy.

April 25th, 2012

Wasted my time

They had me wait for over an hour and then told me it would maybe be another hour. I left without seeing Dr. McElroy because of other pressing business. When I originally asked about wait time, staff was deceptive and put me in a room where I waited more, then put me in another room and finally admitted they were WAY behind schedule. Since they could have told me this when I called to reconfirm my appointment, I do not trust this doctor to look out for my interests.

June 30th, 2016