Pediatrician, Internist

2821 E George Bush Hwy
Ste 501
Richardson, TX 75082
(214) 239-1053
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
Sep 17th, 2014

Dr. Touchstone is a great doctor but her staff is non-responsive. Staff is slow to respond , phone calls are not returned by staff or forwarded to the doctor.

|  Sr. Financial Analyst  |  show details
by Glenn Bonner on Jan 24th, 2014

I have been a patient for 10 years. She is one of the most care doctors I ever have a met. I will remain a patient for as long as I live in Dallas because when I go to the office to see her I feel like a person talking to a medical professional not just a number. I don't often say it enough but I want to say thank you to her and her great staff for all you do.

|  Accountant  |  show details
by Alicia Varner on Oct 23rd, 2013

I love Dr. Touchstone and the care that she has given my family. Her new staff is great and Ms. Kim I just love here to death. To have them know my voice when I call is great. No one can be 100% all the time so the few issues I have had or by far a none factor to the care I have been given. If I get 100% from anyone I think I would run. We have been with her from the time my child was 8yrs old and she is now 20yrs old. We don't plan on leaving any time soon, and the time in which I have had to wait in the office if far less than any other doctor I go to. Thanks Dr. T for caring.

|  No follow up  |  show details
by Parent of patient on Sep 28th, 2013

I was so excited that I had found a physician in the area that could meet my children's needs. Well, I'm still looking. Initial visit was wonderful. But, if your child needs paperwork completed and refills of medication - good luck. Dr. Touchstone had a concern during the physical about my child and never followed up with a phone call or scheduling of subsequent visit.

|  Highly Reccomend  |  show details
by Tammie Tanner on Aug 21st, 2013

I had no issues with staff or getting an appointment, when I told the front desk what was going on that got me in within the next couple of hours. I absolutly love her nurse assit had me in the best mood despite my fear. They had equipment in the office to do an EKG and was tested immediatly, not being sent to a testing facility. She was very easy to talk to and cares about her patients. I am staying with her for sure!!!

|  Patient & Parent of Patient  |  show details
by Tracy B. on Mar 26th, 2013

We left due to it taking 2-3 weeks and several phone calls to get prescription refills despite their policy of 72 hour refill. One prescription which was Advair for my daughter took 6 weeks & numerous calls to get refilled - she is a college student in another state & needed it. I called & the pharmacy called. (my new physician does it via email and same day) We were a patient of a partner that closed her practice, we had excellent medical care & service from Dr.Tran but not so when we moved to Dr. Touchstone. Medical was ok but the office staff is very rude, careless and inefficient. Amy was extremely snippy & rude, it took 4 phone calls to finally get a copy of immunization record for my dauther. I was finally told I could drive to the office (hour round trip) to get it and she hung up on me. I told her by law she had to provide it and within 20 minutes we finally received fax & emails that she swore she sent already but we never received. I hire the consultants that work with hospitals & physician practices to improve their Patient Satisfaction Scores, Amy just lowered their score with her rudeness and lack of professionalism. I switched to Village Health Partners & will be moving my daughter to them as well.

Mar 16th, 2012

After living in Hawaii with limited medical care on our island, I was thrilled to find Dr. Touchstone. She listened to my medical history . I felt quite defeated when I was in her office and by the time I left her office, I was feeling like she cared about me and getting me some answers to my problems. -Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

|  Awesome Dr.  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2012

My Family and I have been patients of Dr Touchstone for more than 2 years even though Dr HAD rude staff, I still like kept Dr Touchstone (I was going to see the Dr and not the staff) I've noticed there's new staff and they are so friendly.. what a change... I recommend going to see Dr. Touchstone.

Sep 23rd, 2011

I needed some one to treat a sore shoulder. I chose Dr. Touchstone from my insurance web-site. I could not be happier. She is easy to talk to, and is sincerely concerned. Going to see her is almost like going to see a good friend. She listens to what you have to say and never makes you feel rushed.She has made recommendations for other doctors in specilized practices and they have been good recomendations.I would highly recommend Dr. Touchstone.

|  A Great Doctor  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

Dr. Touchstone is a great doctor that is patient with kids and parente. She takes the time make sure you understand diagnosis and does not over medicate pateients.

|  Doctor is good but staff was horrible!  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2011

Former Dr. Tran pt, tried seeing Dr. Touchstone but the phone rings forever before it is answered! The Front office staff rude rude rude!!!! Tired if her incompotent staff!! Dr. Tran left the office with her because her staff was too much of a risk for her own practice! I am tired of trying to give this office a try!

|  Concern Past Patient  |  show details
by CEG on Aug 17th, 2011

Was very concern that my records were mixed with another patient. I could have recieved the wrong medication.

|  SO HAPPY =)  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2010

Wow....what a difference from last year. I see there have been a lot of changes this year in staff, which seems to have been the correct choice. Very friendly staff made the whole process easy and fast. Received a statement in the mail one month after my appointment instead of 1 YEAR later, like it used to be so billing changed also. So happy with the office!!

|  Caring and Professional  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2010

Dr. Touchstone is a wonderful doctor. Since she is double-boarded (internal medicine and pediatrics), my daughter and I both use her as our primary care physician. She always remembers us, never seems rushed, is thorough in her assessments, and her office staff is always upbeat and friendly!

Jul 9th, 2010

A good doctor have been a patient for two years I really like Dr. She is caring and listens. However I have had trouble the past few months getting anyone to answer the phone it almost always goes to voicemail and I have to wait hours to be called back. I just called 6 times today and still got no answer.

by Rude Girl on Jun 15th, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE her she is the best hands down no questions ask.

Jun 7th, 2010

She is a great listener and does not automatically give you what you think you need. She discusses things with you instead of telling you what to do or letting you drive the session.

|  Dr. Touchstone is awesome  |  show details
by Mother of 2 on Jun 3rd, 2010

We have been going to Dr. Touchstone for 2 years now. From the very first visit with her, my husband and I were impressed. She is always sporting a friendly and genuine smile, she listens to our concerns, understands/supports and respects our parenting style, the list goes on. I never feel rushed and never feel like any question is too dumb. We usually don't wait more than 5-10 minutes before going in and seeing her. I was really amazed when she let me stay in the patient room after the appointment so I could nurse my hungry newborn. After my second baby was born, she did the same thing- she herself offered to let me nurse the baby in the room without me asking. She has a warm heart. She is just such a caring person and also a very knowledgeable doctor. She makes both the parents and the children feel special. I am always recommending her to friends who are looking for a pediatrician (or a PCP for themselves since she also sees adults).

by Ms. B on May 18th, 2010

She is a great doctor! Very helpful, and actually listens to what you say!

|  EXCELLENT  |  show details
by Jennifer Steuerwald on May 13th, 2010

I've been using Dr. Touchstone as my Primary since moving to Texas YEARS ago and I think she is phenomenal! I refer all of my family and friends to her. Her bedside manner is incredible. You can tell she REALLY cares about you. I HIGHLY reccomend her for your medical needs!

|  Dr is great, staff is awful  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2010

Dr Touchstone is wonderful with our kids, unfortunately her staff is lazy, unhelpful, below average iq and they seem to hate their job. We spend more time trying to get the staff to do things correctly (billing insurance, getting updated records for school, etc.) than we do seeing the doctor. Again she is wonderful, but her staff like dealing with 6 year olds. I only wish she would get a separate office and fire all her staff with new educated ones, at the very least some that like their jobs and want to do them.

by IT on Oct 1st, 2009

Dr. Touchstone is one of the most attentive, yet concise primary physicians I've seen to date. She is a persistent advocate for her patients well-being & finds no difficulty in encouraging her patients to do the same. I can only hope to find a suitable replacement in my new home town; she has set the bar pretty high.

|  Takes time to listen to what you are saying  |  show details
by maddogx on Nov 17th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I am new to Dr. Touchstone's office but, every time I go she takes time to stop listen to all of my concerns, and finds a simple solution.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com