Dr. Joy Vanterpool MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Santa Maria, CA

3.6

January 19th, 2017
She listens
Dr Vanderpool has been my primary care physician for 12 years. She listens to me which is very important. She takes her time with each patient so I know there will be a little wait time, which is okay with me.

June 17th, 2016
Wonderful, caring, and experienced primary provider
I have been attended by Dr Vanderpool for three years. She provides quality time with you by explaining, processing any medical issues. I feel well care by her than from any previous primary doctors I ever had. I always have questions and she doesn't dismiss them like may drs do, so I don't feel that I'm bothering her.

April 14th, 2016
No Show- Joy
This doctor has no clue what time management means. I have been frustrated with her for over a year now. However, my appointment last week she didn't even show up to the office and they had no idea where she was. I waited over an hour- they kept my copay..and I am hoping they don't try and bill my insurance. Not going back!

April 20th, 2015
Excellent and Thorough
Dr. Vanterpool has been our family Doctor for many years. The staff is quite nice and the Doctor provided excellent care; however she seems overbooked and often it is difficult to get in to see her. The wait times can get excessive as well, but overall worth the extra trouble.

December 26th, 2013
Worth the wait
Yes, sometimes it takes a while to get an appointment... Because she has a long list of other people who are also willing to wait to see her. When you get there, you might have to wait an extra 30-60 min. to see her because she is so thorough with ALL of her patients, (including the dozens of people she saw befoe you) and patiently answers every single question you have. If you're looking for a doctor who babies you and tells you what you want to hear, find someone else. Dr.V is a no nonsense, Black-and-white, get results kind of doctor. Dr.V sees me and most all of my medical-background family members, so take from that what you will. We LOVE Dr.V !!

February 19th, 2013
caring, compassionate, has become an excellent health care provider
She has been my health care provider for over 9 years and except for just a couple of times she has spent more time with me then any other dr that I have seen

March 30th, 2012
Long wait. However, a very caring and detailed doctor. Highly recommend her.

December 8th, 2011
Waiting 1.5 hours for prescription
She is sweet as a person but either overbooks or is MIA.She is the type of doctor you only wanna see if your dying but ER might take you in quicker.

September 21st, 2011
2 hour wait and rude office staff
Dr. Vanterpool is very very busy. Her front office help is rude and annoying. I waited for almost two hours for my scheduled appointment.

September 16th, 2011
This Dr. is to busy
When visiting Dr. Vanterpool the wait time is over a half hour and then when I do see her she is in and out before I can even address my questions. She appears way to busy to spend time with her patients. Her bedside manner is cold and aloof. If I call on the phone to speak with her she will not return my call but uses a third party to deliver a message. However she often will wait two or three days before answering. She shows little concern for her patients.

July 1st, 2011
Dr. Vanterool pays much attention to my lab work and always listens to my concerns. She is encouraging and sends me to a specialist if she believes that doctor could better treat me. In the six years that she has been my doctor she has taken many patients on, so is not always as available, but she is overall the best practitioner I have ever had. Many in my county office are seen by her, as is my family.

May 28th, 2011
Compassionate, intelligent
I really enjoyed the way she approaches medicine. She gets down to what it is that is bothering you and offers different options. I don't mind waiting, because I bring along something to read.