Dr. Betty Ashley Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Betty Ashley?

November 1st, 2016

Terrible doctor

Dont waste your time

December 20th, 2015

She is kinda quiet but she is helpful and accurate and gives you good treatment options.

December 2nd, 2015

Dr. is in very poor health and should not be practicing medicine

Dr. Ashley has a very obvious, serious health problem. I was her patient for 10 years and suspected she was not fully functioning even back in 2003. I finally coaxed out of her a few years into my treatment that she had had a bad head injury in the past (falling off a balcony) which required cranial surgery. I only stayed on as her patent for so long because my insurance list of providers was so limited. In 2013 I finally stopped seeing her, but a psychiatric emergency made me have to return to her recently when other providers were not taking new patients. I was shocked to see the severity of her mental and physical decline. She can barely walk and barely speak, and when she does it's after a very protracted pause. She stares vacuously throughout appt. and gets confused and disoriented when trying to access any notes in patient files, also struggles to write out prescriptions. She may have had a stroke, or some complication from her previous head injury. No physician should be allowed to practice in her condition. Please do not go to her as a patient and then maybe she'll have to retire. She is very ill.

October 21st, 2015

I went in to Dr. Joyce Ashley to deal with my anxiety issues. She did not introduce herself or ask why I was in her office. She just started at me until I started talking. After about 5 minutes of her asking no questions and providing zero feedback/advice I stopped talking and she asked me what I wanted to be prescribed. Do not go to her if you are having mental issues because she will not help you get through them.

May 30th, 2014

Time to retire

I saw Dr. Ashley for several years and was pleased - she seemed caring and competent. However, she had some serious health problems - I can only guess that she had a stroke - and no longer is the doctor I once appreciated. She has difficulty speaking, difficulty writing and even her spelling had deteriorated. She is only minimally able to communicate. For her sake and for our sakes, I hope she retires.

November 20th, 2013

Bad psychiatrist

Terrible psychiatrist! I never comment or rate things, but I'm doing this for people who have serious psychiatric issues and need real help. I've been going to her for a while and she hasn't been very helpful. I'm finally getting around to changing doctors. During appointments, she just sits there and looks at you until you say something to get the session going. She doesn't do anything. She let's you talk the whole time and offers no advice, thoughts or opinions. And then asks if you want medication at the end. I don't know what meds I need! She's the doctor! She should tell me! Sessions usually last less than 15 minutes. I spent a lot of that time trying to think of things to say so she would diagnose me or whatever. I think she spends most of her time trying to not think about her arthritis. Don't go to her if you have actual problems and need help.

November 8th, 2012

Terrible Psychiatrist...

It was extremely easy for me to get an appointment and be seen and now I understand why... Someone having "36 years of experience" doesn't mean that they're a good psychiatrist... It means that she's old and out of touch with most people (and technology... they don't take debit cards at their office). She doesn't maintain eye contact when speaking with you and would rather write you a script than help with the issue. If you're looking for an easy way to get a script, this is your place, but if you're looking for ANYTHING more, I would stay far away from this place.

March 30th, 2012

2nd Psychiatrist I've met with & Dr. Ashley Was Excellent

I recently moved to the area and felt my 1st appointment with Dr. Ashley was worth an excellent rating in that I did not have to wait more than 5 minutes to meet with her, she did a full assessment of my anxiety problem professionally, considered what medications had or had not worked well, and prescribed to me a medication that seem to be of help as of yet.As a professional in the health field, I can comfortably recommend Dr. Ashley.

February 3rd, 2011

dr ashley has been my dr for over 10 years and is the best dr i have ever had. she is concientious, caring, able to look back over treatment options and admit that maybe one trial was a mistake and do something else that really works. kind, considerate. empathic brilliant, humble,unconditional positive regarad for patients.

August 17th, 2016