Dr. Joyce Cummings, MD
Pediatrician

by Christine Poarch on Jan 22nd, 2016

Dr. Cummings has an amazing ease with each of my kids (no pretend niceties, all crazy genuine) and each resonate with her in spite of having very different personalities. She and her staff appreciate the value of a working mother's time and Dr. Cummings never condescends to me about my own knowledge of my child's well-being and health. She spends time going over concerns, never rushes, and yet somehow stays on schedule for most appointments for which I'm grateful, and her nursing staff is warm, accessible and helpful.

Jan 20th, 2016

My little boy has seen Dr. Cummings two different times for sick visits and both times she was absolutely WONDERFUL! He felt better within 1-2 days with her prescribed medication. Thank you so much Dr. Cummings!

EXCELLENT - highly recommend show details EXCELLENT - highly recommend
by Lauren on Jan 20th, 2016

I just had my daughter at Lewis Gale and Dr. Cummings was the on-call pediatrician. We liked Dr. Cummings so much, we decided to schedule her newborn check-ups with her. She is absolutely an amazing doctor and I will continue to drive from the Bonsack area to LG to keep my daughter in her practice. She is so kind, courteous, thorough and respectful. She is easy to talk to and NEVER, EVER rushes me out of the exam room. She answers all of my questions without hesitation and explains diagnosis and treatments thoroughly so that I can fully understand. Having had reason interaction with LG's "competitor" in the Roanoke Valley for some of my daughter's needs, I can definitely say that if you want an amazing pediatrician, this practice is where you need to be! Dr. Cummings has personally called to check up on my daughter after appointments and has returned my calls or spoken with me immediately when I call if she's available. This office also holds extended hours on weeknights, some holidays and Sat / Sun. I think the longest I've ever waited was 40 minutes - the average is usually 10-15. I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Cummings and her staff!

Nov 24th, 2015

Dr. Cummings is wonderful and very thorough!

accountant show details accountant
by Cindy L on Aug 6th, 2013

I have been with this office for over 6 years. There is always a long waiting time. If your appointment is 10:30am, be prepared to stay here till 12:30pm. Though you have to wait for a long time, the time with doctors is quite short. They seem to be very hurry seeing you and talking to you. Dr. Cummings would not go any further to provide convenience to patient. I am considering change to another pediatrician.