Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Couldn't even get a chance to meet Dr show details Couldn't even get a chance to meet Dr
Nov 3rd, 2015

I called to make an appointment and was told that I needed to have my medical records sent over first (which I was fine with). I had my medical records sent over and then received a voice mail from the office receptionist rachael say to give her a call back. I called her back and just said I was returning her call and she just hung up on me. I thought maybe she hung up by mistake so I called right back and told her again that I was returning her call. Again she clearly hung up on me. This is so unprofessional and I have no idea what was going on. If there was some reason why Dr Kamanitz didn't want to meet me then she could have just talked to me about it. I was referred to Dr. Kamanitz by a friend of the family who is a cardiologist but was so disappointed by the experience

Best Psychiatrist Ever. Why Can't More Be Like Her? show details Best Psychiatrist Ever. Why Can't More Be Like Her?
Dec 15th, 2014

This is an easy one. Dr. Kamanitz is the best psychiatrist I've ever been to, and I've been to many. She is not only clever, caring compassionate and funny, but she has a background as a pharmacist as well and understands how many meds actually work and is not afraid of using other types of treatments off label, as well as other alternative modalities, that are do not include medication, emwave, alpha stim, EMDR, etc. etc. The best thing is that you can actually have a human to human conversation with her, where she actually listens to you and your symtoms. You quickly feel comfortable around her and you start to develop mutual respect and trust. She's not too proud to consult other sources as other facilities to get other ideas either. To me, she really is concerned about trying to help people, and after all that's one of the things we really all need to try to do in our own lives as well.

Aug 1st, 2009

I saw her for about a year after a nervous breakdown w/ long history of depression. Lots of drugs prescribed. Some helpful, some not. Definitely tries hard to get your meds just perfect. Quirky in a good way. However in the end she simply gave up on me and sent me to a hypnotist (quack). Probably she is great for somebody with not so severe problems. Also didn't want to see me because of alcoholism. I don't think that is helpful either.