Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Best Psychiatrist Ever. Why Can't More Be Like Her?  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2014

This is an easy one. Dr. Kamanitz is the best psychiatrist I've ever been to, and I've been to many. She is not only clever, caring compassionate and funny, but she has a background as a pharmacist as well and understands how many meds actually work and is not afraid of using other types of treatments off label, as well as other alternative modalities, that are do not include medication, emwave, alpha stim, EMDR, etc. etc. The best thing is that you can actually have a human to human conversation with her, where she actually listens to you and your symtoms. You quickly feel comfortable around her and you start to develop mutual respect and trust. She's not too proud to consult other sources as other facilities to get other ideas either. To me, she really is concerned about trying to help people, and after all that's one of the things we really all need to try to do in our own lives as well.

|  show details
Aug 1st, 2009

I saw her for about a year after a nervous breakdown w/ long history of depression. Lots of drugs prescribed. Some helpful, some not. Definitely tries hard to get your meds just perfect. Quirky in a good way. However in the end she simply gave up on me and sent me to a hypnotist (quack). Probably she is great for somebody with not so severe problems. Also didn't want to see me because of alcoholism. I don't think that is helpful either.

|  show details
May 7th, 2007 on yahoo.com

saved my life - twice: saved my life twice. The best management of issues.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com