A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joyce Mbekeani:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joyce Mbekeani, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- Corneal Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Mbekeani graduated from University Of Queensland, Herston.
Dr. Mbekeani has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mbekeani accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 4 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joyce N. Mbekeani practice?
Dr. Joyce Mbekeani practices Ophthalmology near Bronx, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Yonkers, NY.
See Bronx Ophthalmologists.