Overall Review

2.8

February 5th, 2013
She provided me the worst care I have ever received from any doctor! Her bedside manner is appalling. I tell anyone looking for a gyno to go anywhere but to her. Unprofessional, rude service. I'm disgusted.

September 13th, 2012
great person
Love her, made me feel comfortable and very caring.

October 24th, 2011
Thoroughness Counts
The doctor was very meticulous and followed up about test results. What a pleasant surprise to find a doctor who genuinely cares and contacts the patient to discuss test results. She may be a bit old-fashioned but she has a faithful following because she shows sincere concern

December 9th, 2010
I had an appointment today at 1pm, which is Dr. Newman's first appointment of the day. I was told since it was her first appointment of the day, that I would be in and out pretty quickly, so I decided to come from Brooklyn for a long lunch from work (cleared it with my supervisor, cancelled a client).I waited for a half an hour in the waiting room, and it became obvious that Dr. Newman had actually not even arrived to work yet. At around 1:30pm, the receptionist called out to me and the other woman waiting in the waiting room that she would most likely arriving in about 20 minutes. Knowing full well that it would probably be at least another half an hour before I was ushered into an examination room, I left and told the receptionist that I didn't care to reschedule. It was clear that she understood why and didn't think I was overreacting (and maybe this was a typical thing that might happen...)The truth is is that it is just plain rude and very un-client-centered to show up 50 minutes late to see clients in the middle of the day. I can understand getting backed up midday... but unapologetically having clients sit for 50+ minutes while you take your time getting to work is unacceptable. Taking into consideration that something might have gone wrong on the way, then a phone call in might have been in order earlier to notify the patients.

December 3rd, 2010
Her dilligence saves lives
I've been to many doctors with fancier offices and more technology, but they didn't catch a terminal illness that the dilligence of this doctor caught right away. Instead of telling me it was all "psychological" like the doctors with the flashier offices, this doctor listened to what I had to say, took me seriously, sent me for immediate tests and when I was told there was no hope, she sat down and worked the phones herself, contacting specialists she knew and calling in favors to get me the kind of immediate treatment I needed. Her staff was friendly and caring. The examination rooms are immaculately clean with totally modern equipment. Age has no meaning when you need a good doctor. Fortunately for me, Dr. Newman's years of experience and astuteness saved my life. If I'd listened to the more "modern" doctors I would have died. Also, she never makes you wait 1+ hours like all the other doctors. She's aware that patients have time requirements too.

December 1st, 2010
Awful! Dismissive and rude
Unfriendly and snappy, which is not what you want from a doctor who's giving you a pelvic exam. A most unpleasant experience.I happen to have a slightly elevated level of prolactin, which I know all about--I've seen endocrinologists, I get regular blood tests, and it's nothing to be worried about. When I mentioned this she didn't trust my explanation, and wanted to launch an entirely new investigation of my condition herself. I told her this was unnecessary, but she insisted. (I did not come to her for that; I came just for an annual exam and b.c. prescription.) She was condescending and dismissive. Really irritating.In the middle of my exam, she asked whether I experienced any discharge of milk from my nipples. I said "not at all." At which point she quickly reached down and pinched my nipple, sharply, to try to make it produce milk! It was very painful, not to mention completely unexpected, and I was appalled. I do not want a grouchy 70+ year old doctor fiercely pinching my breasts. No wonder it was beyond easy to make an appointment.