Obstetricians & Gynecologists

22151 Moross Rd
Ste 303
Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
313-881-6488
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  such a horrible experience!  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2013

This was such a horrible experience! I will never go back and see Dr. Purakal. She had zero bedside manners, the exam was so painful and after I told her to stop, she didn't care about how i was feeling or even spend time explain things. After 6hrs, I am still in pain and i have to find a different doctor to check me out in case Dr. Purakal damaged me.

|  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

The wait was terrible, and it seems she was more interested in cutting on me than anything. She is crazy! She wanted me to have my sister send her records as she thought I might have future issues with cancer. OMG... my sister had cancer 20 years ago... I am sure I would have had it by now if I was going to get it... Long story short- Dr. Purakal wanted to give me a complete Hysterectomy just to be safe. What a nut job.

|  A wonderful Dr.  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Purkal since November 2007. My first pregnancy i unfortnetly miscarried but Dr. Purkal was there making sure i was ok and explaining the DNC procedure. My second pregnacny was rough. I was sick everyday and night throughout my pregnancy. I would coem into the office crying becuase i felt i wasn't gaining any wairght for my baby to be healthy.. But she assured me i was doign everything and she had me go to hospital to get fluids or even had me stay over night. Fianlly she could see how miserable i was and offered to induce me. That my daughter was fully developed. And she was there by my side and bringing my beautiful daughter in the world. she was amazing. And i wouldn't go anywhere else. She cares about her patients and has plans for there health. I wuold recommed her.

|  show details
Sep 10th, 2011

HORRIBLE bedside manner! Just doesn't know how to talk to patients. I am a human being experiencing a wonderful moment in my life, not dying! Will never see her again or refer my friends or their dogs to her

|  very bad experience so unproffesional  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2009

during my whole pregnancy i was visiting dr joyce purakal.i was not that satisfied but i was just passing my time in the end wen my blood presure shooty up i went to her office at comprehensive womens health care and it they didnt bother to in taking care of me i was in my 39 week and keep me to a never ending wait no body responded and i left the office in anger after 30 mins coz i dont want more wait as i dont want my unborn to get hurt.so i went heny ford macomb direct anf they took great care of me and send me back after 2 hrs and on the same day at night my water broke and i deliverd a baby boy.At tge tome of labour hospital satff call dr joyce and she never get back to me and said i m on vaccation so i cannot come.She was so unproffesional i never saw any ob that careless.as i use to visit her whole 39 weeks and she never took care of me at the time wen i need her help.plz all others dont let her be ur ob so that ull not be having same experience.thanx