A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joyce Shotwell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joyce Shotwell, Pulmonologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joyce Shotwell, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Sleep Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Lung Cancer
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shotwell graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Shotwell has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Baylor Medical Center At Irving
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Baylor Specialty Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shotwell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joyce M. Shotwell practice?
Dr. Joyce Shotwell practices Internal Medicine, Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Dallas, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Tyler, TX.
See Dallas Internists, Dallas Sleep Medicine Doctors, Dallas Pulmonologists, and Dallas Critical Care Practitioners.