Dr. Joycelyn Theard MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology San Antonio, TX

December 27th, 2016
HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!
I went to see Dr. Theard for dysphagia and severe stomach pain. She did an endoscopy, was extremely rude to both me and my husband and told me to go home and that I was fine--at this time I was living on a liquid diet due to the dysphagia. However, after getting with a new GI doctor, we have found that I WAS NOT fine and have an esophageal stricture and bile duct obstruction. Telling me to go home and ignore my symptoms just shows how incredibly ignorant Dr. Theard is.

October 13th, 2016
Never met the Dr.
It's hard to review a Dr. you don't meet. Her PA sent me to get several radiology tests. I got the results from the staff, not the Dr. or PA. They said I needed surgery and that was all they knew. They could not answer any of my questions. I don't feel comfortable getting opinions from the staff. I'm getting a second opinion.

August 16th, 2016
A very good doctor
I have been seeing Dr.Theard for many years , she is the only doctor who after seeing many other doctors,was able to give me an accurate diagnosis of my liver problem and put me on medication that has slowed the progression of my disease. I would recommend Dr. Theard to friends and my family ,she is the best.

October 6th, 2015
Unsatisfied
Saw her for a colonoscopy. Her male nurse was great but she was brusque. Afterwards an assistant went over results with me and I was told I had a polyp. Assistant had no good info about it for me and could not answer my questions. I am having another colonoscopy with A DIFFERENT DOCTOR

May 5th, 2015
The NP DIDN'T call in my prescriptions OR getting preapproval for CT. Pointless. Don't visit!!!!!!

July 8th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
I had a severe abdominal problem that was affecting my life in a very negative manner. She took me as a new patient, treated me and solved my problem in a matter of days. I am extremely grateful because she turned my life back to normal. The front desk receptionist is very nice and the office location is great with a lot of convenient parking. My overall experience with this doctor and her office was fantastic and I wholeheartedly recommend her.

September 25th, 2012
She is the best!
My whole family have been her patients for many years, all maintenance so far, no other probls but I just love her cheery nature and her staff is just as wonderful - everyone smiling and being so helpful!

September 10th, 2011
Contrary to other reviews, I did not find Dr. Theard to be a good diagnostician, and her bedside manner was nothing short of unfriendly. After waiting an hour and half to see her, no apology or any explanation was offered. She insisted I had gall bladder disease which turned out not to be the case after I went through all of the tests she recommended. She asked if I had an occult blood test recently which I had only 1 month previously at my GYN. She did one anyway without a nurse in the room. Very awkward and strange. Definitely would return or recommend this physician.

August 31st, 2011
Yes I have had to wait a while each time I have gone for a visit, but I would MUCH rather have a doctor that truly listens to me, considers everything carefully, and does a GREAT job diagnosing and caring for me! I would NEVER trade that for someone that gets me in within the first 5 minutes and then hurries me through so he/she can get to the next patient in 5 minutes without really taking care of me. I would wait days for her if necessary! She is the best doctor we have EVER had, and she has treated all of my family and many friends of mine as well, in all stages of life, and with the BEST care!

August 10th, 2008
Excellent doctor, but you'll grow old waiting...
Outstanding diagnostician, provides plenty of information. However, take a meal to the appointment. She is always HOURS behind schedule!