Dr. Juan Cornejo MD Patient Reviews

• 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 4th, 2010
I'm the problem?
I go to Little River Medical Center for my diabetes treatment; when I told my doctor about my menstruation problems she suggested I see Dr. Cornejo. When I went to go see him I had explained I would one day like to have a family of my own but I feared that would not happen because I've never menstruated normally. He tested me and found I had PCOS. He suggested I start on birth control. I told him I did not want to take BC because I had previously been on BC and I couldn't handle the emotional roller coaster side effects. He simply dismissed me and said it wasn't the pills, but rather ME! He suggested I was trying to cover up for something and I was simply putting the blame on the BC! I will also admit I am on the heavier side of the scale, so he like all other doctors suggested I lose weight, which I think is completely reasonable, however one of his tips to "help" was to "go to sleep hungry." Granted reading the statement doesn't sound so harsh but my feelings were crushed! He came off very callus, and uncaring. Now I have to go and find another OB-GYN that works on a sliding scale. Thanks for nothing Cornejo!