Overall Review

July 30th, 2016
Surgical patiet
I called to make an appointment, because I was diagnosed with gallstones, and it was very ease to make the appointment it was within days, I was very impressed because I had make previous appointments with other specialist and appointmentsee can take up to receive weeks, the yong lady that gave the appointment was very sweet and professional, at the time of my appointment, I was very impressed with the office personal and Dr Salazar knowledge and professionalism. Scheduling the surgery was a breeze, the Dr assistant call me the next day, and explain in details all the steps to follow to get ready and well prepared for my surgery . I highly recommend Dr.Salazar and his office staff for making my surgical experience a very pleasant one.

July 9th, 2016
Courteous staff and caring to patient's needs!

October 9th, 2014
Disorganized Office
I have been calling the office of Dr. Juan A. Salazar at (305) 669-7331 for two weeks and it was the worst experience of my life dealing with a doctor's practice. I wanted to obtain basic services information, which I ended up figuring it out on my own by visiting various websites. At his office number, I spoke with Stephanie, the receptionist. I told her I had a referral for a possible pelvic hernia and a calcified artery aneurysm in torax. I asked her which Md. in the office was a general surgeon (to treat the hernia) and which Md. was a vascular surgeon (to treat artery). She said she did not know. She promised to find out and call me back. She never did. Two days later, I called again and spoke with Kari and again she did not know and she promised to find out and call me back. She never did. A week later, I called again, punched buttons 4 and 2 and spoke with Maria, Dr. Salazar's Surgical Coordinator. She was loud, impatient and rude. She would not tell me what to bring for the appointment (a CT with contrast versus non contrast) to help diagnose pelvic hernia. Then, I called again and spoke with Fabiola, Surgical Coordinator for Dr. Santiago (the real vascular Md) and was informed he no longer practices "vascular". I suggested she goes to "HealthGrades.com" and update his info. Later, I called again. I spoke with Stephanie and I told her I wanted to make an appointment with Dr. Salazar to diagnose possible hernia. She transferred me to someone very rude who said: "Go and take care of your aneurysm. The doctor will not see you until you take care of the aneurysm" and hung up. That was another "uninformed" comment by the staff. She did not give me an opportunity to tell her the aneurysm is calcified and too small by industry standards. Why? If aneurysm is too small or calcified, it is left untreated. Dahh ! Later, I called Officer Manager Terre. I related all the events. Basically, the people under her control are clueless and need training. A basic spreadsheet with information as to what doctors treats what conditions for the five doctors in the office is also needed. She got offended and in retaliation, she told me that "patient-doctor trust relationship had been broken and therefore, I will never be admitted as a new patient in her office ". Keep reading and you will see she did me a favor, don't you think? Then, I came across this website, where I read the reviews posted by his patients. I found out Dr Juan A.Salazar is not a compassionate doctor (and that is how lack of compassion is spread to the people of his employ). In vitals.com website I found out the most valuable information, which is Dr. Juan A. Salazar is not competent to treat hernia repair. He is still using an obsolete procedure that has never worked and causes the hernia to come back requiring subsequent surgeries that don't stop the hernia from coming back. An hernia repair procedure is obsolete if it lacks use of a plastic "mesh" (to contain the muscle in place). I thank the lady who left a review, which alerted me Dr. Salazar is not qualified to do an hernia repair surgery to today's modern standards. Thank You Vitals.com !!

June 13th, 2012
very mean doctor
I hade two hernias surgery done with him , both of them very unsatisfactory, I went to his office because the hernia is there once again, besides I have a new hard ball in my belly that wasn't there before he inform me that I have to repeat my surgery again, for the third time, I start crying because I felt very sad I have three kids and another surgery means a lot to me because i can't take care of my child, when he saw mw crying start screaming to me, telling I can't cry if I cry I have to leave his office at moment, very mean doctor not feelings at all.