Dr. Juan Barrera Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Juan Barrera?

Fair at Best

Posted on October 24th, 2017

Just still unsure of where I am at with my Dementia. Parkinson's. Very vague. Kept giving me a prescription that I couldn't take with meds I was currently taking. Never truly felt comfortable with him .

Surprised I didn't get up and walk out

Posted on February 17th, 2017

I was referred to one of his colleagues by a neurosurgeon. He walked in the room and blamed me for being late, when I was 5 minutes early. He made an assumption that the neurosurgeon billed me an unwarranted amount and proceeded to ask me how much the visit cost. He then, among many other things, made an assumption after reviewing my family history and asking many ignorant questions, asked me if my parents are in jail. Completely unprofessional and out of line.

Review

Posted on November 8th, 2016

I find that this doctor is always rushed and doesn't want feedback from me. He is brusque and indicates he doesn't have time to listen to me. I'm not in a position to say if his diagnosis is accurate or not. There are not a lot of neurologists on my insurance plan. In his defense, he was willing to have me tested for issues once he found a problem.

Posted on October 19th, 2016

the dr waa very informative and very good at letting me know what i have to do and possibly what it may be

Wonderful!

Posted on January 2nd, 2016

Dr. Barrera has been wonderful to my husband who is suffering from traumatic brain injury and post-concussion syndrome. He listened to him and gave him sound advice about returning to work and applying for disability. He is kind and truly cares about his patients.

Wish there were more like him

Posted on April 25th, 2015

Dr. Barrera is one of the only physicians in the area that is completely thorough, considerate and intelligent. If I could have him as my primary doctor, I wouldn't have half as many unanswered questions pertaining to my health as I do. Dr. Barrera will allow all of the time needed to get to the bottom of your problem, if he does not know what ails you right away, he will send you to a good doctor ( out of the area if need be ) who will accurately diagnose you. He will not overtest you, nor will he under test, he isn't pill happy and doesn't continue to have you return to his office to collect the office visit fee, or co-pay, but rather will only have you return if it is really warranted. Dr. Barrera is the best neurologist in northeastern PA, you'd have to travel quite far to find another as qualified as he is.

Posted on September 21st, 2017