Dr. Juan Bustillo MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

September 10th, 2015
Dr. Bustillo has been seeing me for 7 yrs. now and I have NO complaint about his care or the staff. He & his P.A. have even referred me to orthopedic surgeon when my arthritis has warranted surgical intervention. He has always had an excellent bedside manner, listened to all of my symptoms to get the total picture and never overlooked even the smallest detail. He was extremely helpful with having my disability benefits approved last yr., , after 20+ yrs. of wearing out my joints in a very demanding field. Maybe there were office issues yrs. ago, and I'm sorry for the pts. Who were affected by it, but I've never experienced anything negative.

May 26th, 2015
Choose any other Dr- your well being depends on it
If I could give this Dr and his staff less than one star, that is what he deserves. Incorrect diagnosis causing me to have permanent joint damage due to incorrect treatment. Worst bedside manner, extremely rude front office staff, no follow up. License should be revoked. Pathetic!!

October 20th, 2011
Unprofessional
Very poor staff,communication to Dr. impossible. Records have got to be a messbecause nobody seems to know what is inrecords.To bad there are not more options for thisspecialty, if there was these people wouldnot have jobs.

June 15th, 2011
poor responses with no aid to relieve severe drug side effects & more...
I never complained publicly or rated any one. The clear disregard for accuracy, professionalism & follow up care that I experienced prompted me to do so & share my experience. Calls to Dr. regarding medication to relieve side effects from taking Methotrexate once weekly. I requested relief for severe nausea accompanied with head aches, painful bloat, chronic belching every few seconds & constipation which can last 3 - 6 days ea. week & forbids adequate food, drink, sleep, work. In the process of these calls I recently discovered staff from front desk and nurses shortened & eliminated key details such as dose info duration & severity of side effects or pain from the info I provided for DR. I also learned.. I'll quote, "nausea meds go hand & hand with Methotrexate". I was SHOCKED as I was never offered these meds in the last 10 mo. Bustillo treated my RA with increasing doses of Methotrexate & side effects.Here's the discovery....The receptionist I was conveying my distress & pertinent info to for DR. review was laughing & conversing with another party while on the phone with me, I asked her to read back to me the info I provide. I learned she noted 2.5 mg of methotrexate instead 17.5 mg. a very serious error along with others I corrected. I was told I"d get a return call. I received No response, even though I called early. (Punishment perhaps for expecting accuracy ) The next day I called back after waiting to 1pm. Made the same request & was told by the same receptionist that I was called back & the Dr. response was come in... though I was there 1 month ago re:same issue. I asked who placed the call as I received none & was anxious to get it. Then I was to get a call later that day to tell me make an appointment... all the while I'm suffering horribly. The same receptionist gave me an app 7 DAYS LATER!! I made a second request for a call from Dr. or PA got neither.. nurse called & I went thru it all again in detail.. She called back with no response re: nausea either. I asked why. To my absolute HORROR, she said she didn't note any of the side effects we discussed. This was truly wrong in to ,many ways to list & unbelievable since she's the nurse that informed me of the coupling of nausea meds & Metho. I went over it again & asked her to talk to Dr. again and call back. She agreed. I'm still waiting. This is the standard of follow up care & responses I've experienced with Bustillo. While I wasn't aware of the arrogant disregard for noting & conveying my patient info as well as my suffering all the while. I had experienced LOUD & CLEAR SILENCES from the office after a request for relief is made. Yes.... my calls to this Dr. warranted no replies. There is an appearance of zero regard for the well being of the individual living those moments in true need of professional expertise & relief. Methotrexate has very serious aggressive side effects as most RA drugs do. I was not a nagging patient these requests are very common to an RA specialists office & most grant relief to patients over the phone regarding doses like mine. I don't get this guy or his staff.

September 27th, 2010
Terrible doctor
Completely wrong in his diagnosis. Did not listen to patient. Just looks at blood work without questioning the patient. Had me on terrible meds for over 6 months. Got the correct diagnosis from Univ. of Fl experts. Always question and seek 2nd opinion. I would never recommend Dr. Bustillo

September 6th, 2008
doctors who get too busy do not care anymore
as his practice has grown he seems to not have time for established patients. last time i made an appointment i was given one for two months later, thankfully it was not an emergency! the last RA flare i had, i had to wait 6 days to get in to see him and felt like it was an imposition when i was at the office.

June 6th, 2017