Dr. Juan Campos MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry San Antonio, TX

September 24th, 2015
Love Dr. Campos! Treated our middle son for ADD. Very caring and informative.

February 15th, 2012
Couldn't recommend more.
Where would we be without Dr. Campos? Well, I doubt we would be married anymore, because the effects of undiagnosed ADHD in my husband were destroying our marriage. Dr. Campos treated him, and us, holistically, using individual therapy, joint counseling, and medication management. He diagnosed my husband with general anxiety and ADHD, both of which have now been completely addressed by the combination of medication, therapy, and counseling. Dr. Campos is extremely professional and caring, and we hardly ever wait longer than five minutes after arriving for an appointment. He is also very well-rounded in his education and approach. He doesn't just hand out prescriptions; he talks and works with patients to help their overall lives be stable. Our marriage is now very strong, and we are expecting our first child. We had been waiting to have children since my husband spent most of our seven-year marriage unemployed or being fired from jobs due to the undiagnosed ADHD. Now, he has had an excellent job for some time now, and has completed a certification for a hopeful promotion. We couldn't be more grateful to Dr. Campos for helping make this possible.

May 10th, 2011
Irresponsible at best...criminal at worst
This "doctor" made critical errors in the care of my 13 year old daughter while she was a patient at Laurel Ridge Treatment Center. When I asked to speak with him it took over a week before he ever responded to me. He said no staff told him I had called, even though I called EVERY shift EVERY day and left a message with staff on each call. When he did finally call me back, what was his excuse for his egregious error? "I forgot." Yep, that is quote, verbatim, exactly what he said. This error put my daughter so far back I feared I had lost forever. When I attempted to make a complaint against the facility, they retaliated against my daughter. She endured constant, daily physical and mental abuse. All because he "forgot". I haven't forgotten, and neither has she.

October 4th, 2010
My Daughter is herself again!
My daughter had seen three other psychiatrists who all diagnosed her as bi-polar, but didn't listen to the symptoms she was having so that she could get the right treatment. Two hospitalizations later, we were connected with Dr. Campos.From the time he became her psychiatrist, he has been on the ball on what was/is needed and my 16 year old is doing well with her illness and because of Dr. Campos, wants to go into the same field. He has changed our lives!!

April 15th, 2010
Wonderful psychiatrist, good for adult ADHD
Dr. Campos diagnosed my husband with ADHD, which has been an answer to seven years of an increasingly desparate marriage. We had gone to see him for general help with our marriage, when he noticed signs of adult ADHD. Now my husband is receiving medication treatment and therapy, and is like a different person - the one I married, and the one he always wanted to become. My husband was in his thirties, and never diagnosed before, even as a child, so this was a big surprise to us, but has turned out to be a huge relief once the treatment began working so well. Dr. Campos is caring, compassionate, and excellent at what he does. His office is very efficient and the wait times are always around 5 minutes. Could not recommend him more.