Dr. Juan Castaneda Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Juan Castaneda?

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Juan Castaneda?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 22nd, 2016

Great experience with my hand surgery!

October 26th, 2015

Great doctor, needs to be on time for appts.

Make sure you have extra time, as he isn't always on time.

March 18th, 2015

Thank you for all the Warnings!

Thank you for the power of the Internet. I have a referral from the hospital orthopedic ... I AM NOT GOING!

January 21st, 2013

He had a longer wait due to an emergency surgery as he also works at Halifax ER...he is noted as one of the top 25% dr there. He is very accurate and precise with his diagnosis and trustworthy. Another patient in the waiting room had just had surgery and said his problem was resolved as his had was going numb from nerve pinching due to an automobile accident and that This Dr. fixed his problem. Personally I would rather have a Dr. that knows his business than one who is s talker and a smoozer. But Dr Casteneda was personable and answered any questions and asked me several times if I understood all my issues with my hand and tendonitus. His office by the way has been moved to another location so he was in the process of moving and also has new staff as he had a few issues with the old but has corrected the problem. I felt his staff very curtious and prompt.

August 27th, 2012

Your hands are priceless. Ask for another surgeon.

My first office visit was a disaster. They are completely unorganized and my wait was over an hour. Dr. Casteneda looked at my hand and scheduled surgery for trigger finger. The day of the surgery, a friend dropped me off at the surgical center. I was prepped and waited for two hours for Dr. Casteneda to show up. The staff at the center apologized profusely and quietly informed me that this is a common problem with Dr. Casteneda. After the surgery, I returned to his office for a follow up visit. There seemed to be different office staff there and experienced the same wait. Now, two years later, I have the same problem with my finger that I had before surgery. As a Bio-Medical engineer having spent many hours "scrubbed in" I'm sorry to say that I can't recommend Dr. Casteneda. Your health care provider can certainly provide you with other fine surgeons to work on your precious hands.

September 14th, 2011

no complaints at all took care of my hand problem

September 10th, 2011

BACK TO 100%

I had to have a wrist fusion and Dr. Castaneda fixed it perfectly! Took the time to tell me how it was going to work, explained the procedure and followed through until I was healed. Very professional and would recommend over and over!

July 29th, 2011

beware I was left crippled

I had a dislocation now I cannot use my finger anymore because of this doctor. His staff are Ignorant and pompus like him. Its what you call the little man complex. After my surgey he grabbed my hand and bent my finger so bad that he put me to my knees. I should have Known any doctor who asks if you have insurance before surgery theres going to be unexceptable results cause I didnt have insurance. BEWARE!BEWARE!BEWARE!

July 7th, 2011

Dr. Castaneda has a horrible bedside manner, he was very snide and snippy and acted like he didn't have time to answer my questions. I won't go back to him again

March 11th, 2010

while waiting over an hour in a patient room to have sutures removed, a cockroach crawled across the very same counter that my post op was performed on.

March 9th, 2010

patient

i am a patient of dr. castaneda. every time i have an office appt. i sit in the patient room for what seems like forever, no matter what time of the day my appt. is. he is very snide to make remarks and spent little time with me as a patient.

June 1st, 2017